Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kadence
Beginner September 2012

Anybody getting married at Lowry Theatre Manchester??

Kadence, 23 January, 2011 at 19:50 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi,

As a recently engaged 25 year old, im looking for a venue that is chic and modern yet still beautifully classic for my wedding. I have been looking at pictures of the Lowry Theatre, particularly the Compass room with the fab views and fairy lights!

Just wondering if anyone has been to a wedding there? Or knows if anyone has highly recommended it? Or any other venue suggestions that meet my criteria would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks x

7 replies

Latest activity by lolacp1, 29 January, 2011 at 16:35
  • M
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs B 2 be ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kadence,

Congrats on the engagement! I have been to view The Lowry, the wedding co-ordinator Emily Hayes is lovely. I definitely recommend going to view it when it is dressed for a wedding.

Have you looked at The Great John Street hotel, it is quite pricey but it is gorgeous and is really city centre chic. The Palace Hotel looks lovely but I haven't seen it in the flesh!

Good luck with the venue hunting!

xxx

• Kadence
    Beginner September 2012
    Kadence ·
    • Hide content

Yes definatley going to view it, its actually one of my H2B's mums clients so maybe get a discount, lol! I dont suppose you have a rough idea of prices for it??

My budget is prob around £18,000 so im on the look out!

• M
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs B 2 be ·
    • Hide content

It is really reasonable, I was actually costing it up today and for the room hire, the fairy lights (they are £500 extra from an external company!), menu 2 for 100, evening buffet for 120, wine and prosecco it came to just over £8000. So well within buget ? xx

• Kadence
    Beginner September 2012
    Kadence ·
    • Hide content

Yeah ive priced up menu and drinks, £500 is so worth it for those gorgeous lights! So then its just the room hire - I would want two rooms, the hexagon room to get married and the compass room for wedding breakfast and evening do. So exciting!

Hopefully make an appointment to view this week, I know it will look so dull but i have a great imagination so can just picture it in my head, hehe

• Kadence
    Beginner September 2012
    Kadence ·
    • Hide content

Thats fab thankyou! Were looking at September too, thats really useful info about the sound limitation I will definatley ask about that. Someone else said the lights are about £500 but I think they make the room so definatley worth it!

Your pictures look amazing, I just think its somewhere a bit different and funky, and it caught my eye straight away, hopefully going to see the wedding planner this week!

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

Its a lovely venue, I'd definitely recommend it. Best of luck with your wedding planning x

• lolacp1
    Beginner July 2012
    lolacp1 ·
    • Hide content

Om my goodness!

Im gettting married 28th July 2012 at the lowry theatre... I am so so excited

Emily the planner is so lovely and helpful! Anyone else getting married here? x x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics