Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

woowoo83
Beginner October 2013

Anybody used Nytol?

woowoo83, 30 of September of 2013 at 17:17 Posted on Planning 0 6

So with the wedding on Saturday, I've been struggling to sleep for about the last 5 nights which is really unusual for me, I'm fine once I get to sleep but as soon as I go to bed, my mind starts thinking about all the arrangements and I'm lying awake for up to 2-3 hours. So today I've resorted to buying some Nytol - I just wondered if anyone had used it, does it work? I'm a bit concerned about taking it as it says not to be used with alcohol - how long before consuming alcohol can I take it for as obviously I'm going to be drinking on Saturday?

6 replies

Latest activity by woowoo83, 30 of September of 2013 at 20:55
  • M
    Beginner November 2013
    MrsW-to-be ·
    • Hide content

If I'm struggling to sleep I tale 1 x night nurse capsule and that does the trick - the actual dose is 2 capsules but I find that just one helps me massively.

If you take it at bedtime and just have the 1 then you will be fine to drink the next morning, you can take 2 day nurse capsules early the next morning so a glass of champs would be fine

That's going to be my plan anyway ?

• S
    Beginner May 2014
    sjcbride ·
    • Hide content

I use kalms sleep (i think) when I can't sleep when my mind is racing. Don't think there will be any issue with alcohol if its the next day. Good luck getting some rest.

• R
    Beginner August 2014
    RLB ·
    • Hide content

Woowoo, Nytol should be fine in this situation, it helps you get to sleep, but should have warn off by the morning - the problem with alcohol is more if you were drinking the night you took the Nytol, so is no problem for your wedding.

Night Nurse isn't the best option just to help with sleep though - it has 3 ingredients, only 1 will help with sleep, the other 2 are for a cold, so it should only be used when you have a cold, otherwise you have more chance of side effects. The ingredient to help with sleep is similar to the one in Nytol.

Btw, I am a pharmacist, I'm not just trying to be bossy!

• JSuitsVox
    JSuitsVox ·
    • Hide content

I always find the chemical nytol leaves a bit of a drowsy feeling for a few hours the next morning, the herbal nytol seems ok.

Also, as an alternative you may want to try sleep tea by either Pukka or Clipper, you will find it in the tea/coffee aisle and its less harsh than the chemicals, give it a go, I couldn't believe how good it was

Avoid caffiene after 12pm! that will help too

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I tried Nytol just after we got engaged as I wasn't sleeping well (plans running around my head) but it didn't help me at all.

Night nurse on the other hand is amazing. I've only ever used it when I've been ill but it has always made me sleep well.

• woowoo83
    Beginner October 2013
    woowoo83 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, it's the herbal nytol that I've got. I'll give it a go tonight. I can just about cope with tiredness but I just don't want big bags on Saturday!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics