Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

FutureMrsRon
Beginner February 2012

Anyone applied for/considered applying for Four Weddings?

FutureMrsRon, 10 February, 2011 at 12:37 Posted on Planning 0 34

Hi everyone

I LOVE this show but would never apply to go on it - I hate the idea of 3 of my guests only being there to criticise and pick fault.

Have any of you ever thought about going on it or have actually applied and I'll see you soon on there?

?

34 replies

Latest activity by 2Mummys2wed, 20 March, 2011 at 12:14
  • Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

No Never, for the same reasons as you (plus I want it to be a wedding, not a competition) but I LOVE IT!! And Bridal Plasty, and Don't Tell the Bride.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

WSS. No bride ever judges fairly, coming out with rubbish like "It's not what I would have chosen", completely missing the point.

• Samantha2704
    Beginner July 2011
    Samantha2704 ·
    • Hide content

Personally I'd never sign up for it, i do love the program but would hate people being there just to judge and find faults,

i have to say though, when i've watched it i've always judged them myself and always think my wedding would win over any of the ones on the program, but thats what we all think, everyones weddings are unique to them and are all perfect in there own way :-D

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

I always think it's boring how the 'normal' wedding always seems to win (with the exception of the naked one lol shock winner or what!!) I'm always rooting for the bizarre one to win but because everyone has such different tastes I suppose anything different isn't going to please everyone at all.

I love it though, I love how bi*tchy some of the brides get ?

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

There was one really chavvy one in Stoke, near where I'm from and I felt myself getting all defensive for her even though it was sh!t and she had a 9 year old Freddie Mercury tribute. lol.

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

I loved that one lolol I went to Uni at Keele and so Stoke has a fond place in my heart, complete chav wedding though but very entertaining TV ?

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

really? i am a Castle girl Smiley smile

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

I miss those days ☹️

Some of my favourite people I met at uni were people I worked with in the cafe, not other students, they were all from Castle or Silverdale. Weirdest accent in the UK lol but amazing people

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ha ha, I live in Redditch now, but still get the pi55 taken for pronouncing book as bewk instead of buck.

Which cafe did you work at? One on campus?

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't do this as I would hate to be judged. Usually when people go to a wedding they are looking for the good things and having a good time.

In this case there are 3 people there looking for faults and criticising you. I remember one episode where one of the brides took a pad and paper to each wedding to make notes ?

I would do Don't Tell The Bride, sounds ideal to hand it all over to h2b and turn up 2 weeks later and it's all done. They wouldn't pick someone like me as I am not too fussy (they tend to get in the bridezillas)!

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just to chip in here too, I am from the area too! I went to school in Newcastle. I have in London for 10 years now though.

I think the accent sounds scouse!

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

If we were having a proper wedding I'd have loved to go on Don't Tell the Bride - £12 grand for free? Thank you!!! And most of our stuff has been OH's idea anyway so it wouldn't actually be that different lol but I'm a bit like you, I'd be happy to leave it to him so wouldn't make for good TV viewing - did you see the Las Vegas one, I couldn't believe how little he cared about her! Usually I want to slap the brides and am rooting for the guys but I couldn't stand either of them on that one!

I saw the Four Weddings with the notebook lolol if you're going to be that critical you have to know your day is amazing and I seem to remember she definitely didn't win lol

and angiemace - I worked on campus, was brilliant ?

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Which school did you go to? I went to Clayton x

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

The one who really p*ssed me off in the las vegas episode of DTTB was the brides sister/CBM who refused to go to Las Vegas to support her sister because she was in a mood with the groom! At the end there was a little bit from her saying 'yeah I'm sad I missed my sister's wedding day, but I think I made the right choice.' Er, no you didn't.

To answer the OP - no i wouldn't go on 4 weddings. I think I could cope with the brides slagging off my wedding (they are just trying to win the competition anyway so will try and pick on anything), but i'm not sure I would be able to handle the snarky voice-over. Even if I never watched the episode afterwards I would spent the whole wedding day imagining him criticising my menu choices!

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

Also, she had peach lipstick on LOLOL

That whole episode got me really riled, I didn't like anyone on it, they really annoyed me

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I would definately consider doing Four weddings US instead as I find the brides aren't so bitchy and they give compliments where they are due, the brits seem overly critical of each other. They wouldn't be impressed with the cocktail hour us Brits do though, have you seen theirs? they are like full on buffets before dinner ?

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Newcastle High (don't hate me, I am not posh, I am from Kidsgrove, Kidsgrove doesn't do posh!).

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I KNOW! That Vegas one was one hell of an episode. I thought that the groom had been very selfish though, fancy not taking bride and groom's siblings!?! That's mad. It is bad enough that he wasn't going to invite aunts and uncles, but to not invite close family members (one of whom is a bridesmaid), that is just stupid.

I did think that the bride's family should have been more supportive though and the sister was mardy for saying that!

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

yeah but you would never have a chance at winning it. Unless you also happen to be marrying a Jewish millionaire who is paying for you to marry on a private yacht at sunset? They are so over the top on the US show.

Meanwhile, in the Uk version, another 4 couples are having their reception at a dingy pub with sausage rolls and sandwiches for the wedding breakfast. I think pretty much everyone on Hitched would win the UK 4 weddings ?

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

I couldn't go on Four Weddings! I know my wedding wouldn't win and tbh, I have enough family on the day that will be judging it, let alone letting a bunch of strangers in!!

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah no way! I had friends that went there and I grew up literally round the corner from Newcastle High. My mum went there when it was the Orme Girls lol

I had a bf from Kidsgrove when I was 14, he lived up the road from the rifleman.

• L
    Beginner
    Lollypop123 ·
    • Hide content

Luv the show but defo wud never go on it ha ha ?

• septemberbride2011
    Beginner August 2011
    septemberbride2011 ·
    • Hide content

I saw the vegas one - I'd have never married him he was way too selfish and didn't know his bride at all, hardly husband material! I'd love to do 'don't tell the bride' just bombard your other half with loads of ideas beforehand and threaten to kill him if he booked somewhere in Vegas lol!

I love 4 weddings but find the other brides too bitchy that's someone's dream day no matter what their budget is and to pull it apart is so cruel. The best ones are the celebrity 4 weddings, it shows that no matter how much money you have you can still have a tacky wedding! Most of them are already married but renew their vows just for attention, grr see I'm getting bitchy myself now! x

• M
    Beginner May 2012
    MrsDWT ·
    • Hide content

I'm addicted to all wedding programs but wouldnt go on them. My wedding day is personal for friends and family only, not the world and no way would i let 3 people come along to pick it apart.

My H2B wanted to apply for dont tell the bride. TBH i think he would have done a good job but i just couldnt have anyone else pick my dress because what if he got it wrong!!!!

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's what I think. The dress I've got isn't at all what anybody would ever expect me to wear but I love it, there's no way OH would pick it for me as he'd think I wouldn't like that kind of style. I think everyone expects me to have a massive 'princess' dress because to be honest that's what I've always said I wanted lol but my dress is very slinky. OH wouldn't pick it for me even though I know he's going to love it, but I'm quite down on my body and he wouldn't want me to feel self conscious wearing a fitted dress. I love the way it fits though and the shape it gives me ?

• M
    Beginner May 2012
    MrsDWT ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think he would get it close but i'm being very fussy with my dress and i would want it perfect! Everything else i think he would do ok at. I am having a a-line/princessish dress as my hips are huge in comparison to my waist and must be concealed!

• tinkerbelly1983
    Beginner October 2011
    tinkerbelly1983 ·
    • Hide content

I would love to go on the show! We considered applying but you have to pay to apply and you're not guaranteed to get on so we didn't bother.

A couple of friends are getting married this year too so I think we should do a 4 Weddings between us and vote! That would be fun!

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

... or you may not stay friends for very long

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I went to 9 weddings last year. My future SILs came to 3 of the same ones, so we had an unofficial little 4 weddings game. It was interesting to see what everyone thought of the dress, food etc.

I could never go on the real show as, even though I know they're only slagging off your choices so they can win, I'd take everything really personally!

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

I didn't realise you had to pay to apply to go on it.

I'd love to do my own version when friends get married but I'd hate for them to think I thought anything about their wedding wasn't perfect! I don't like it when people give scores based on their own personal choices - it's someone else's wedding, how can you compare it to the day of your dreams?

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sammy_wheeler ·
    • Hide content

Couldnt think of anything worse- my wedding is not for ppl i dont no/care for- or to be judged/in competition

• May2be
    Beginner July 2011
    May2be ·
    • Hide content

Maybe at the hitched awards this year we could have a little four wedding style competition for wedding of the year......four finalists can be judged out of 10 in a number of categories (dress, venue, flowers etc) and the one with the highest score gets the trophy!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics