Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner September 2010

Anyone been to a wedding/married at High Rocks in Tunbridge Wells, Kent?

tam2010, 1 January, 2009 at 21:53 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi,

Just after some comments on the above wedding venue as I have my wedding booked there for 4th Sept 2010. Just after some feedback on what the food, disco etc. were like really. There are some reviews already on here about this venue that are all positive but they are not recent ones.

Also if you did get married here any recommendations on a good photographer?

Thanks

7 replies

Latest activity by Tony Lewis HIB, 11 September, 2010 at 08:38
  • bluewater
    Beginner August 2009
    bluewater ·
    • Hide content

Hello and welcome to hitched ?

high rocks looks lovely - don't know anything about it tho, and can't recommend a photographer either as a friend is doing ours, but as a fellow kent bride i just wanted to say hello!

have you organised anything else?

• K
    Beginner
    kentishbride ·
    • Hide content

Hiya from another 2010 kent bride.

Im not getting married there, but my bro has booked his wedding there for 4th september this year -so you wil be there on his first anniversary lol

Comments and reviews are all very good but my H2B works for a catering company and has dealings with them - apparently the DJ quality depends on which you have and there is a mixed review about the food. Owners and staff are lovely by all accounts. The only thing i can see as a potential problem is the location - its not walking distance to any accomodation and the free mini bus service only operates at 2am so any guests leaving before then would need to get a taxi - all hotels in TW are expensive and due to this a few guests may have problems getting there.

It is a stunning venue - and my bro's W2B has got the train to bring her to the venue before the ceremony and that must be a fab photo oportunity x

• ruth23
    Beginner September 2011
    ruth23 ·
    • Hide content

So how did your weddings go? We've just booked for 2nd September next year. Smiley smile

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

I've been to Xmas parties there - staff are great, food pretty good for mass produced Xmas dinner, probably better for a wedding. It's a lovely place though.

I know a local photographer who may offer you a deal if he can use some shots for his gallery - drop me a line if you want details.

• tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

My parents line in TW and although have never been to a wedding at the rocks just wanted to say that someone said that the hotels were all expensive. Although pretty much true there is the smart and simple hotel which is on the edge of the green which starts at £65 a night for a double. Obviously not travel lodge prices but not too bad.

• G
    Beginner February 2011
    goody51 ·
    • Hide content

An old school friend of mine got married there a few months ago and the photos look great. She arrived on the steam train which I think is very unique wedding transport!

• Tony Lewis HIB
    Tony Lewis HIB ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We played a party there this summer in the larger room (upstairs at road level) and the staff were really great. We were fed along with the guests and it was excellent in every respect. There's plenty of garden room for drinks and the whole place has a nice non-corporate feel to it.

Highly recommended I'd say

my 10p!

Tony

RS

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics