Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Anyone Been to Candy Anthony? UPDATE!

4 November, 2011 at 10:29 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi All

I have booked an appointment to go to Candy Anthony tomorrow. These are the style of dresses I always wanted but also have a full length Paloma Blanca in mind so I'll be making a dress desicion based on my appointment tomorrow.

Anyone have experience of Candy Anthony? What should I expect? I know the dresses are expensive - did anyone manage to negotiate on price at all?

Very excited!

Thanks ladies.

Had a lovely day out in London with my Mum. Went to Candy Anthony and fell in love with a dress! It's a white tea length, sweetheart neck line, ivory polka dot overlay, raspberry sash and four layer raspberry petticoat. Also going for a bolero for the ceremony which I will take off during the meal/reception. Also tried on a birdcage veil and a shoulder length one which I am yet to decide on.

They are soooooo helpful and friendly in the shop. What I really liked is the advice they give. They really know their stuff re what suits your body shape/colours etc.

The only thing I'm not keen on is the price - did manage to negotiate 10% discount but still looking at around £2,000 for the dress, sash, petticoat and bolero. This is the price for 'made to order' rather than 'made to measure'. I am on a diet and hope to lose a good dress size before the wedding but they seem to think that ordering a basic size - hopefully a 12 will fit me just fine. I am reluctant to pay this amount of money but I just can't imagine getting amrried in anything but Candy Anthony. Even Mum who saw me try on other tea lengths and didn't think they were very 'weddingy' has been converted and absolutely loves it!

6 replies

Latest activity by fashionistabride, 16 November, 2011 at 15:00
  • Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

I went there with a friend who wanted to try a few dresses on last year. We had a day of going to several different shops and Candy Anthony was by far the best service we had. The dresses were stunning and the staff were super friendly.

She didn't end up buying from there in the end so I'm not sure about price negotiation.

Have fun!

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

Oooh, so jealous! I love those dresses. If I had the money I would have gone there. I got a bargainous vintage dress in the end.

Let us know how it goes :-)

• Doris 5/10
    Beginner May 2013
    Doris 5/10 ·
    • Hide content

I'm hoping to go next year with my mum and sister. I think they will be out my price range but really want to try them on.

Let me know how you get on.

x

• LittleMissP
    Beginner September 2012
    LittleMissP ·
    • Hide content

I've just seen this in on Candy Anthony's website, they have 20% off any new orders until the end of November!

http://candyanthony.com/promo.htm

• fashionistabride
    Beginner
    fashionistabride ·
    • Hide content

Don't know if this will help but I bought my dress from a new company that sells a few 50s dresses:

www.kittyanddulcie.com

I went for the bobbi Dazzler but also love Pearly Queen, quality is lovely

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics