Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

moonpie1985
Beginner July 2012

Anyone been to Cuba or Dominican Republic?

moonpie1985, 5 of January of 2012 at 15:46 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 18

Yes I am still searching for honeymoon destinations:

Now considering Cuba or Dominican Republic - has anyone been, or is anyone going for their Honeymoon?

Also - whilst I was searching I had a look into Mauritus, Sri Lanka and Maldives. All seem to be coming up very good value for money in July - is this because it is a terrible time to go there? I always assumed they would be so expensive.

18 replies

Latest activity by stalley113, 8 of June of 2012 at 08:43
  • moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

Or maybe Morocco??? (In peticular Agadir)

• O
    Beginner May 2013
    Omgitshappening ·
    • Hide content

We've been to both. By far preferred Dominica to Cuba. In fact we hope to go back for our honeymoon next year.

Can recommend the Rui Bachatta in Dominica, was amazing 8 yrs ago and still got good reviews.

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

Yeah the Dominicans lovely! Highly recommend it! We stayed in Playa Dorada at the Gran Ventana (4 star+) in June 2009. Had half an hour of downpours on the 1st night but the next 9 days were perfect. Don't pay any attention to that hurricane stuff. Yeah it happens but not so often that it should stop you going.

The country is perfect for a honeymoon. Perfect beaches and posh hotels, but a very relaxed atmosphere and amazing excursions!! Go for it! The people are lovely. It'll be lovely.

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    MrsShimster ·
    • Hide content

I've been to Cayo Guillermo in Cuba. It was amazing, I went with a friend for a chill out break, but its very peaceful & romantic, perfect for honeymoon. I wouldnt hestitate to go back. Stayed at the Iberostar Daiquiri. Nothing at all to do off the resort though, only 4 hotels on the Island!! If you want a bit of nightlife its no good x

• Jonesey
    Beginner June 2012
    Jonesey ·
    • Hide content

I've been to Dominican twice, the first time we went to Puerto Plata (golden sands) the second time we went to Punta Cana (white sand). Out of the two I'd recommend Punta Cana but only because of the beautiful beaches.

I've been to Cuba once also, we stayed at the Blau Varadero in Varadero and loved it, I would say I preferred Cuba to Dominican but both are fab places.

• L
    LaurynBanks ·
    • Hide content

I've only been to Cuba and would go back anytime and would recommend it to anyone.

Lovely place for a honeymoon as well, not just travelling in general

• M
    Beginner December 2012
    MrsHargreaves2B ·
    • Hide content

We went to the Dominican in 2008 and, unlike everyone else here, we didnt enjoy it!! sorry! we were in puerto plata, so maybe the area makes a difference, but it seemed like 5* was more like 3*, and the people were quite pushy. Have heard very good reports about Cuba, but also heard bad reports about Morrocco, being very intense in busy areas

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

We went to the DR back in 2009 also in gran vantana and we thought it was awful, but i have been to punta cana and loved it down there, my parents are huge playa dorada ibersotar fans so much they are there now on their 8th trip

• L
    Beginner May 2013
    Laurap1985 ·
    • Hide content

I don't know about Mauritius, Sri Lanka or maldives,

I know a bit about Cuba and Dominican republic (I work for an airline and have been to every major resort a few times) personally I would not get married in Dom rep as it may look nice in the pictures in the brochures but when u get there, u would probably be disappointed. A lot of people come home with mild cases of food poisoning/v upset stomachs.

Cuba is better (in my opinion) I would look into getting married in Havana as the hotels seem to have a higher standard.

Both places will advertise that they have 5 star hotels, which rated in Cuba/Dom rep they are 5 star but compare it to a 5 satr in the uk, you would be looking at more of a 2-3 star. Make sure u do ur research.

• C
    Beginner January 2011
    cheapgroom ·
    • Hide content

I haven't been to DR or Cuba, but I've been to Agadir and I would advise against going there on a honeymoon. It's got a great beach, but everything else in the resort is filled with concrete (everything was destroyed during an earthquake in 1960 and rebuilt in modernism) and not very satisfactionary when it comes to the overall standard of food, service and hotels. For honeymoon destinations in Morocco I would look to more exotic Marrakesh instead.

Agadir's central square:

• hopefulmum2b
    Beginner August 2012
    hopefulmum2b ·
    • Hide content

Ive been to dom rep and stayed at riu bachata and was so stunning and loved the hol would recommend dom rep.....im looking at cuba for homeymoon. xx

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

We went to Blue Bay Villas Doradas in Dominican Republic and I would highly recommend it to anyone. It's 4* but was amazing, we were £800pp for 14nights - but it was three years ago. Food, rooms, service, everything was fabulous! 24hour all inclusive too and over 18 only!

• F
    Beginner July 2011
    FC1973 ·
    • Hide content

Dreams Punta Cana, amazing wedding with 30 people in our group. Fantastic resort!

• brenda.hu
    Beginner June 2012
    brenda.hu ·
    • Hide content

A few days ago, my friend with his wife went to Bali island. he said it was beautiful.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I have been to Agadir... the food was great but the resort itself was not all that. Not bad for a cheap last minute getaway which is what it was for us but I wouldn't have honeymooned there. Would love to go to Marrakech though.

We went to Sri Lanka and Maldives, in March though. I think June/July might be the rainy season, but I have a friend who went in late July a few years back and part from the odd few rainstorms it was fine.

• K
    Beginner August 2012
    K8_2408 ·
    • Hide content

Went to Punta Cana in DR 2 years ago & loved it so much we're going back there for our honeymoon. We're going again in Feb as the weather is fantastic. Plus it's bloody cold at home so good time to get away!

We stayed at Excellence & highly recommend it. Adults only & all inclusive. The hotel was lovely & the staff were so helpful & friendly. What did make us laugh is when you go to a restaurant, your arms are linked with the a waitress & the men have to follow behind!

• S
    Beginner
    stalley113 ·
    • Hide content

Hi dear..welcome to this forum site..here u will get lots of stuff for ur purpose...i dont knw kuch abiut it..so i can recomend u that for further information do visit this website..

------------------------------

post unlimited classified website

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics