Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Anyone been to Marrakech? I would post in the honeymoon section but it's soooo quiet there!

6 of December of 2013 at 14:16 Posted on Planning 0 6

My wedding is dec 2015 and is abroad so I can't do much planning and I think it's too early to go dress shopping (although I am in love with Ian Stuarts Nova Scotia!) but I figured I can start thinking about our honeymoon to keep me busy! We really like the look of Marrakech a Morocco and as we will be going January it's off peak but still warm! I dont think I could justify a peak season top of the range holiday when were off to lapland for a week for our wedding eeeekkkk! Anyway back to the reason I am posting has anyone been to morocco? If so when did you go, what was the weather like, accomodation, food etc? Any advice or tips? Is there lots to do? Any opinions and advice would be great x

6 replies

Latest activity by Studying&Planning, 8 of December of 2013 at 17:40
  • F&GBride
    Beginner May 2014
    F&GBride ·
    • Hide content

Can't offer advice yet but I'll be keeping an eye on this thread because we're going for a long weekend in January this year. I'll happily feedback afterwards if you like.

P.S nice dress inspiration - let us know if you do get it

• L
    Laura Radford Photography ·
    • Hide content

Girl, you have to go to Morrocco! My friend's aunt lives there and the place sounds like a complete adventure!! Especially if you guys like variety and activities!! I think you can do mountain biking, sand dune surfing (!), rally car driving in the dunes swell, shopping, food looks tasty and smoke shesha (don't know how to spell) AND the flights are like £150!!! Can you tell I want to go?! Smiley smile Oh and desperate housewives of new york went there swell ha ha!

• N
    Beginner May 2015
    nixy3 ·
    • Hide content

My brother is off to Morocco for Christmas this year, so I'll give you some good feedback when he returns as he's blogging about it!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Our MiniMoon was to Marrakech and we loved it. It was really cheap (about £700 for both of us for 4 nights/5 days) in a 5 star hotel.

The culture is amazing, the way of life is vastly different to the UK (if you wernt expecting this could be a shock) it was still 40 degrees when we went in September but in all honesty I dont know how hot it will be in January.

The main square is very exciting at night and we spent our evenings just wandering around looking at things which sounds dull but there was so much to see. I would recommend against going all inclusive or if you do find a hotel better than ours as the food was a bit Western, lots of burgers chips etc and not enough lovely Morrocan food which we ended up buying when we were out and about.

Im trying to think back now to anything else that could help you!

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

I love Marrakech, I've been to Morocco twice and planning on going again for our mini moon. We're going to be climbing in the Atlas mountains this time.

When I stayed in Marrakech I took a wrap to cover my shoulders as I went during Ramadan.Here's one night out;

Weather was hot;

The food is a mixture of Moroccan and french, I only eat vegetarian when I'm abroad and the tagines were amazing. You can eat in the Medina, in fact you must go the Medina and then have a mooch around the souks, be aware of pick pockets and don't forget to haggle. Last photo I promise!

• Studying&Planning
    Beginner April 2014
    Studying&Planning ·
    • Hide content

Friends of ours got married there this summer - it was AMAZING.

They had their wedding at the hotel they stayed at when they got engaged:

https://www.kasbahbabourika.com/

We made the trip a holiday too and stayed at another hotel for a few days in Marrakech itself. The Kasbah Bab Ourika is outstanding, as is the service, if you are happy to have a hire car it's only an hour in to town, but they can organise taxi's for you if you prefer, we wished we'd stayed at the wedding hotel for the whole trip.

It was ROASTING when we were there (end of June), and they don't have aircon. But for the more chilly winters, they have open fires in the rooms, so you can throw on a log and snuggle. (Also, no TV's in rooms, but they do have a TV room in the main building), they do have wifi on a dongle in the main building too if you need to stay connected with e-mails.

With so few rooms you get a completely personal service, and the pictures in the gallery are exactly what it looks like. We were certainly tempted to just go there for our honeymoon this summer - but just couldn't face the thought of the heat in July/August.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics