Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrspetal
Beginner February 2014

Anyone bored of wedding planning?

Mrspetal, 12 of June of 2013 at 21:33 Posted on Planning 0 16

I can't be bothered anymore! Lol

I've spent 5 years waiting to get engaged then 3 years engaged, 6 months sorting stuff and now I just want it over and done with.

Everytime I see my mum all she talks about is the wedding and I just change the subject.

I feel like I'm going to spend the next 8 months waiting.

Just wanna be married....

Anyone else? x

16 replies

Latest activity by Sambride, 14 of June of 2013 at 15:08
  • C
    Beginner April 2014
    ClaireKB ·
    • Hide content

Yes to the talking bit! I know it's a conversation starter, but all anyone asks me is how the wedding planning is going, and then I feel like a bridezilla boring on about it. The only bit of 'wedding planning' I'm doing at the moment is trying to lose some weight so I don't look like I'm wearing the marquee. I think it'll get exciting when it's a bit closer but right now I feel in some kind of wedding planning limbo...

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Not bored of planning. I'm bored of waiting!

I'm trying to spread out my planning as I have so long left to go and have all the big things booked.

• Jen_P
    Dedicated August 2013
    Jen_P ·
    • Hide content

Yep! I have 6 weeks to go and still so much to do but it's like I'm finding excuses not to do it. It's like I've been full on planning for the last 16months and now I've burned out! Hehe need to crack on and pull my finger out! x

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

I can't wait for it to be over and to just be married! I'm also fed up of it being the huge topic of discussion everywhere I go. I've still got a year to go! Plenty of planning left so I'm not bored but I do wish we could have afforded it this year.

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content

This is me!!!

• P
    Beginner July 2013
    PaintedHales ·
    • Hide content

YESSSS!!!!!! So bored! I've only got a month to go though.

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly this! I'm almost tempted to just bury my head in the sand for a couple of weeks and pretend nothing is happening, but with only 12 weeks to go, that's not very helpful.

• Piestar
    Beginner April 2014
    Piestar ·
    • Hide content

Yup! We've been together 10 years (11 when we get married) and engaged for 5. I don't really know how to bring wedding stuff up as we still can't find a nice affordable venue. I just want to be married too, I'm feed up of people trying to push for us to have chair sashes and stuff - bridal shops mostly - even though we say we're not bothered. Someone moaned on Facebook - not directly - about me going on about my wedding - even though I don't really pot anything on as we don't really have anything to put on there!

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

Oh good I'm not alone then!

My OH asked if I had jitters already and if anything it's the opposite.

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

Me! BIG TIME.

Mainly with suppliers who want to have pointless meetings / phone-calls. I'd rather just fire an e-mail saying what I want and leave it there.

I've cancelled numerous appointments because I just can't be bothered with it Smiley sad

I'm just finding working so many hours a week with all of that on top too much.

Weekends are fine, but weekdays after 11 hours at work is not happening.

I just want to drop the weight I want to overnight, and then I'm happy to get married tomorrow!

• Jemima Renrut
    Beginner October 2013
    Jemima Renrut ·
    • Hide content

Mine comes and goes in waves I have it back at the min but my mojo has been missing for a couple of months.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Not bored as such, but I would like to be able to put it on the back-burner while I get on with real life for a while..and I would if I could pin down the caterer for a quote so I can book him or not. It's he only major thing I still need to do in advance and then I can put everything in a box for at least 6 months and come back to it when we're at least in the same year as the wedding!

I have organised jamborees and district camps for hundreds of girls, sorted out catering, loos, insurance, legal permissions, CRBs everything, in half the time it has taken this caterer to come back to me with some figures. I need to make this decision and move on!

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is me - I am currently going through a stage where it's all I want to talk about - I am also bored of waiting, just want to be married to him and start getting some babies on the go ;-)

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

he's certainly not the quickest is he? I've managed to get my evening quote out of him and because we haven't quite decided what our main bbq will consist of, we're working along the lines of the top price on the website, any less will be a bonus.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Actually Icklefeee that's someting of a relief. We didn't exactly gel when we met but I've heard such good reports of his work and they are great value. it was just taking SO long I was beginning to think he'd decided he didn't want the job. I just don't want to put the venue's nose out of joint by going elsewhere for this one part: I'm already splitting the catering as it is! I'll stop whittling for a couple of weeks. You have put my mind at rest. :-)

• Sambride
    Beginner April 2014
    Sambride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This!

It was all very exciting when we were looking at venues and getting that booked up, but now its a bit dull, just want it to be now so that I can get all the little bits done and get excited again.

Also cant stand talking to the FMIL about weddings, its all she wants to talk about and gives me all her opinions on EVERYTHING wedding related.

Sam x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics