Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melissab
Dedicated June 2022 Surrey

Anyone bypassing paper invites?

Melissab, 18 of March of 2021 at 21:57 Posted on Planning 1 6
Hi
We’re getting married in June 2022 (the 4 day weekend now that bank holidays have been moved/added).
I’ve created our wedding website through this app and am seriously considering just directing guests to this, rather than sending out invites. It contains all the info they need, they can RSVP and I can keep them up to date with everything. To be honest, I really can’t be bothered with the whole traditional paper invites! Has anyone else done it this way and, if so, did it work out ok? My only concern is evening guests won’t pay attention when the RSVP and will rock up to the ceremony!

6 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 15:38
  • A
    Dedicated July 2022 Co Londonderry
    Ali312 ·
    • Hide content
    Yep, we've gone paperless too- it's quite nice because you can see who received/opened the invite and can also send reminders for RSVP if people haven't responded Smiley smile
  • A
    Dedicated July 2022 Co Londonderry
    Ali312 ·
    • Hide content
    Hey Smiley smile No, we've gone through paperlesspost. It's not free- it's was probably about £18 to send it to our 50ish guests (so 26 invites or so). But they have really nice options- you can easily see when people get it, when they open it, they have an easy option to reply to you, you can also add on questions about food, ask for an address if needed etc. So seemed worth it to us Smiley smile
  • Melissab
    Dedicated June 2022 Surrey
    Melissab ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your replies, some helpful info ? I’ve started creating an invite on Canva (which never came up in my searches when I was looking for something like this!) but will also check out paperlesspost. X
  • Deborah
    Beginner June 2021 Dorset
    Deborah ·
    • Hide content

We now have a wedding website after spending money out on postponed invites and RSVP. With everything so uncertain it seemed costly to pay for more invites Smiley smile

• Gabrielle
    Beginner August 2022 Hampshire
    Gabrielle ·
    • Hide content
    My wedding is also booked for June 2022. My friends and family are in NZ and Europe so I’m not keen on paper. I’ve done my save the dates literally just through FB messenger and phonecalls. All the important people know. I think I will probably send some paper invites out later in the year as I think it is a nice touch but I definitely plan to utilise the website version. My friend has used something similar recently for all of her invites and I found it really user-friendly as a guest.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

As long as all your guest are online, I don't see it as an issue. You might need to produce a few paper invites for any who aren't though.

I'm quite sad that paper invites & orders of service are fading out though - I save all mine to pop into my scrapbook alongside the photos from the wedding and love looking back at them all.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics