Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

overtherainbow

Anyone claimed a Meerkat toy?

overtherainbow, 24 of April of 2014 at 10:45 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 21

Just wondered how long it took to arrive… waiting to receive Sergei Smiley sad I got a postcard from him saying he was in Amsterdam but had an accident falling off his bike and trapped his fur and fell in the canal but haven't heard since.

21 replies

Latest activity by overtherainbow, 30 of April of 2014 at 16:38
  • daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

It can take up to three months for them to arrive, as they have to verify you took out the insurance etc. My Olag arrived about 7 weeks after I took out the insurance. He got stuck in Amsterdam too! Hope hes with you shortly!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

My brother has the whole set. I'm extremely jealous.

Fun fact: I still use as an example of how emotional I get that I once cried at one of the meerkat ads. It was the one where you think they're gonna make Sergei retire. It's all okay in the end though, they've just bought him a new laptopamabob.

• broganj
    Dedicated January 2017
    broganj ·
    • Hide content

I have a Vassily and I'm currently waiting for a Baby Oleg. They always take agggges to arrive though.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

I have 2 and my OH has one. The first ones took ages to arrive (about 3 months) but I remember being really surprised how fast the second one arrived.

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

I think mine took about a month, ended up giving it to OH brother as a extra birthday present.

• smilesjp
    Beginner July 2015
    smilesjp ·
    • Hide content

We claimed ours two months ago now! You just reminded me. I want my baby oleg now....

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Ha - I also cried when they wanted to make him retire! It's been about 6 weeks now so will wait anxiously Smiley smile It's my first meerkat toy but hubby will be changing his insurance soon and he wants Baby Oleg too.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Thank God it's not just me. I've cried at some ridiculous things before but I think that takes the biscuit. At the weekend I cried at an episode of Lost I've seen at least three times before.

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

I didn't know you had to claim them!! I've missed out because I was just expecting one to turn up ☹️

• *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content

I've had three of these but given them all away to the neices. I think that I had a few email updates telling me they were on their way.

I had to collect one of them from the post office and the man behind the counter gave me the box and told me to go straight home and feed him as he'd been there overnight. I know that the post office must handle thousands of these but I was pretty impressed that he know what it was as it was a plain brown box!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love it! I also cry at the dog who's having his pet rabbit thrown away - is it Harvey? It's the same Jack Russell that's in the other advert where he's packed his case at the dog's home. I used to have a Jack Russell years ago when I was single and we were inseparable.

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content

Yeah they take ages. It might be so they can check you really did take out the policy or something.

I quite enjoyed checking the updates though

• Sparkly Bear
    Beginner October 2015
    Sparkly Bear ·
    • Hide content

We have three and they took a good couple of months to arrive! I did enjoy watching their progress through the different countries! I really want Baby Oleg!!! x

• erincat
    Beginner August 2013
    erincat ·
    • Hide content

Im currently waiting for my baby oleg to arrive - only requested last week so it may be a while!

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Ours took 2/3 months to arrive we wereso impatient waiting! Got baby Oleg. he's a wee sweet pea!

My wee boy puts him to bed every night, and also "changes" his nappy?

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Loving the response of the man in the post office *teabag*! Our took a bit over a month to arrive. They are too cute!

• C
    Beginner November 2013
    cath4512 ·
    • Hide content

I have had 2 & they took about 7 or 8 weeks to arrive...I sold them on ebay Smiley smile

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

I have a baby Oleg and was constantly checking where he was - at one point I gave up checking as I thought he'd never arrive. Daft thing is I am actually surprised he DID as I didn't buy any insurance through the website haha!

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

Mine set off, but never arrived - my guess is that they had problems verifying the insurance. It just meant I had to spend some more money on my sister's birthday present (as that was who it was eventually heading for!)

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I might of been a lucky one then :]

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

YAY! Just had postcard to say he is in the UK and will be here in about 7 days! Hurry up Sergei ! He must be busy looking after Oleg.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics