Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kharding2014
Beginner October 2014

Anyone else at the Meh stage of planning?

kharding2014, 13 of March of 2014 at 14:40 Posted on Planning 0 19

So with just over 6 months to go all of the big things have been ticked off the list and it feels too early to start on some of the smaller details/ I don't know where to start with the smaller details. We still have loads left to do but it feels to early to be setting plans in stone so at the moment I'm just a bit Meh.

Has anyone else been through this? I'm hoping that once I get past the 6 month stage I'll get my mojo back and if I were to do it again I don't think I would have had a 20 month engagement.

x

19 replies

Latest activity by Ohwhatatuesday, 13 of March of 2014 at 21:49
  • ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

I was the same with about 6 months to go. There's not much you can do really, everything big has been booked and it's a bit soon to start on the little things! I got my wedding mojo back just after xmas with 4ish months to go as I was able to send out invitations, start on table plans, buy favours etc and all of a sudden, I've only got 4 weeks to go!! We gave ourselves 9 months of planning...I think for us, that was just long enough. I wouldn't have wanted less time but would probably have got either bored or seriously impatient with any more!!

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Yes ... we're going over to Spain next month to get some stuff finalised, meet the TOG and the MUA and have a menu tasting etc - it feels like we've done as much as we can until we've been back over to finalise plans ... except maybe I'm just making up excuses as I'm pretty sure there is plenty of bits I could be getting done now, except i'm feeling, well, meh.

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

I've got ages to go but feel Meh with it all because it seems way too early to start doing anything.

• kharding2014
    Beginner October 2014
    kharding2014 ·
    • Hide content

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. People keep asking me how plans are going and my my reaction they will soon start to think that I don't want to get married!

Shropshirelass - I'm hoping that I get back into the swing of it soon. I think 9 months is perfect time to plan a wedding. I really had no clue so thought that it would take a lot longer than it actually has.

SillyWrong - I'm pretty sure I'm making up excuses too. There is plenty for me to be doing, I wish I hadn't got the fun stuff out of the way at the beginning!

Everything I feel like doing now is just another excuse to spend money rather than focussing on the tasks that need to be done.

x

• kharding2014
    Beginner October 2014
    kharding2014 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've just noticed from your ticker that we are getting married on the same day :-D 4th October?

• kharding2014
    Beginner October 2014
    kharding2014 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did too much too early and now I'm bored. I think by 18 months before we had booked the venue and I had ordered my dress. I wish I had of waited a bit longer now x

• millielovesroses
    Beginner March 2014
    millielovesroses ·
    • Hide content

Im at the stage of - OMG have I got everything, have I forgotten something, have I got time to get everything done the day before the wedding, have I got my timings right on the day, I don't think I have enough time between my hair appointment and my car turning up to get my make up done......aaarrggghhh.....and breathe....lol.

enjoy the quiet time, cos it wont last long!! x

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

Yep! We have 5.5 months to go, we are on top of most of the 'big' stuff, and I feel it is too early to be worrying about small details. Trying to make up playlists and things at the moment and start thinking about vows/readings.

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

I went through it before xmas. Now I'm just under 6 months to go and starting to panic. In my view it's never too early to start on the little bits. Might as well get them crossed off the list and out of the way.

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

I think because I didn't tell the OH until a month ago, I've been able to get excited again now - I'm impatient to send the invitations and get the little details sorted - immense satisfaction two days ago having chosen our ceremony music ? but I did feel a bit meh before I told him - I'd got to the point where I'd done everything that could be done without him and needed him for everything else. Once you get going on things again, you'll feel better I'm sure xxx

• alabastamasta
    Beginner May 2014
    alabastamasta ·
    • Hide content

I was 'meh'. Thought I had ages. Now, I have EIGHT WEEKS and I'm panicking as there's so much still to do!

Start on the little things now; 6 months will fly before you know it.

• W
    Beginner August 2014
    weddingvirgin ·
    • Hide content

I've felt a bit meh the whole way through to be honest. I've found whats helped though when things are a bit overwhelming is right a big list of stuff that needs doing then right down when I'm going to do it. usually something off that list pops up that i can be getting on with now.

• J
    Beginner May 2015
    Jayla ·
    • Hide content

I'm just over 14 months away and I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself. According to my planning 'app' I am right on target though!

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content

Yep same here with 5 and a half weeks to go. I'm excited about the wedding but I've had enough of planning and being skint now!!

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

I got to 'meh' and stayed there until 6 weeks before and all hell broke loose! I kept up with DIY projects to keep myself feeling a little buzz and to stay on top on if all. it'll pass, my excitement kicked at 2 weeks after EVERYTHING was paid off and could be giddy!

• S
    Beginner April 2014
    sophiesofa ·
    • Hide content

I alternate between being meh and just stressed. I have the ocassional moment of fun but i'd say 95% has been meh or stress. It will be worth it on the day/ forever though...

• W
    Beginner August 2014
    weddingvirgin ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

this is exactly what its been like for me! was starting to think i might be the only person who feels like that!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Don't talk to me about meh!

Im not excited & nothing seems to be going right. Had 4 people drop out today (with 2 weeks to go). What makes it worse is their lame excuse of not realising it was on a Friday and they just realised they can't get the time off work. Never mind the fact the invites say Friday 28th March. Oh and it's my OHs cousins along with their girlfriends they invited and we begrudgingly said yes to coming too as well.... So family.

We had our table plan printed & delivered today.... Need to get another one made. Grrrrrr.

• S
    Beginner April 2014
    sophiesofa ·
    • Hide content

I'm a miserable *** at the moment - bloody weddings!

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This! I really regret not doing more in that stage where I thought it was too early and now I've got eight weeks to go, jam packed weekends and I'm crazily busy at work so it feels like there's no time and tons of details still to do. I'm having to drop some stuff I had planned on doing as I just don't have the time! Start the little details now as time flies

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics