Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

knickers_twickers
Beginner September 2010

Anyone else feel like a year is ages away?

knickers_twickers, 8 September, 2009 at 13:42 Posted on Planning 0 20

I keep reading people saying how time is whizzing by! I'm starting to feel like maybe I should start to get things done!

Wedding is 18th September next year so only just over a year away and so far we have booked the church and the venue.

But it feels like it's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages away!

I should start to get on with other bits right?

I think maybe it's because I'm excited and that it seems so far away (a bit like a kid waiting for christmas [laugh). Tell me it will fly by?

Nikki

xx

20 replies

Latest activity by petitefilous, 8 September, 2009 at 20:52
  • Beccy Sprout
    Beginner
    Beccy Sprout ·
    • Hide content

Yes it will.

So yes start doing things.

Spit spot lady, got your tog sorted yet?

• knickers_twickers
    Beginner September 2010
    knickers_twickers ·
    • Hide content

<dim icon needed> what's tog?

We're off to 2 wedding fairs soon, one on 20th Sept and one on 4th October to get some ideas so hoping to start booking things then!

And taking my mum and MIL to be dress shopping on 10th Oct hopefully.

xx

• moomin8804
    Beginner July 2009
    moomin8804 ·
    • Hide content

Time will fly, trust me!

How about arranging the tog, looking at dresses, send save the date cards etc???

• moomin8804
    Beginner July 2009
    moomin8804 ·
    • Hide content

A tog is a photographer ?

• K
    Beginner July 2010
    kerryanneellis ·
    • Hide content

I felt like that then it suddenly all became not that far away so in an bid to reduce stress on yourself id start to explore get ideas etc NOW!!! LOL? ive got 10 months of planning left!!

As BS said tog is upmost importance as all the best ones are booked sometimes a year in advance as i found out, it may be worth just provisionally booking if you have specific people in mind for things, i provisionally booked my florist 3 months ago and havent paid deposit etc yet or even got a quote but i wanted her so just got her to pencil my wedding date in her diary were meeting this friday to discuss ideas!!! Dress is also important the lead time on my dress is 6-7 monthes and the factory closes down Dec- Jan so my dress doesnt arrive till March

Im a very organised person anyway so think im always trying to be ahead of the game and dont let me scare you as i think its important to do it at your pace and not get rushed into decisions and allow enough time for each decision you make. So most importantly go at the pace you feel comfortable with and not just because some of us are far too organised!!!

K xxx

• knickers_twickers
    Beginner September 2010
    knickers_twickers ·
    • Hide content

? that makes sense thanks ?!

Yes I need to sort that out. Hoping there will be some at the wedding fair so we can have a look through portfolios etc.

Will look into some save the date cards as well.

I cannot wait to go dress shopping! I'm so excited about everything!

xx

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content

I thought time was going really slowly, and then we celebrates '1 year today' and then all of a sudden its nine and a half months! I have no idea what happened to months 10/11 and 12! And I feel like ive done nothing weddingy (is that a word!?) in those months but I also feel like i havent stopped doing any thing weddingy! Does that make any sense!?

• K
    Beginner July 2010
    kerryanneellis ·
    • Hide content

Moya - i completely agree since the year marker time has just vanished i dont know where but i have no recollection!!!

• jen52637
    Beginner
    jen52637 ·
    • Hide content

Yes! ?

I know it will go quickly and the 10 months we've been engaged so far have flown by but I still can't help but wish it would move a little quicker! We've got almost everything organised though so now just a case of twiddling our thumbs until next year when we can start to do more.

If I could offer one piece of advice it would be to take some time to enjoy being engaged and not go mad with the planning. Little and often is a good way to do it I think! ?

• knickers_twickers
    Beginner September 2010
    knickers_twickers ·
    • Hide content

Moya - that makes perfect sense to me!

I am swinging widly between being totally relaxed about it and feeling like I have ages, to thinking it's not that much time really (that's usually when I break it down into christmas, my birthday (april) , DD's birthday (July) and then wedding)!

I need to get some more of the big stuff sorted I think.

Thanks guys, it's good to know it goes quicker to, it feels like an eternity away at the moment ?.

xx

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

For me, time really is whizzing by! Will second what Moya said about hitting the year mark - ours just came and went and now we're 10 months 2 weeks - obviously that still seems ages away but it seems like only the other day we had 12 months left.

Plus this year is only going to go quicker - the next few months at work for me are really busy, I have loads of birthdays to get out of the way (including my own ?) plus OH and I have booked to go away for a week in November, then Christmas and New Year...I really do think 2010 is going to be here before we know it.

When we first booked the venue (May last year) everyone said how it was going to fly by till July 2010 and I was like "yeah, whatever" but now we are way into the second half of 2009 and I just can't explain how quick it's gone! Just need to get a dress ordered before January and I think I'll feel a bit calmer! ?

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content

Im having a 'wedding rush' at the moment, getting lots of things sorted now as I think that Nov/Dec and January will pass in a big christmas blur and all of a sudden it will be feb and only 4 months to the wedding! Big bits now, chill over christmas little bits after...somehow i dont think it will stay that calm though!! lol!

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

Yes! But it's exciting as i've been planning for a year already which has gone really fast so i'm hoping next year will too! ? I'm running out of things to do now, too organised too quick! But i'm now thinking hen do, so that will keep me occupied for a while! x

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, I would def start doing things now cos the time really does fly by.

I would even just do a bit of research in all the different areas so that when you come to book/do a certain thing you've already got ideas in your head of what you want/like

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

I'm a bit of both... lol In someways I think OMG the time has gone so quick since we got engaged (May 09) but then on the otherhand I think GRRRRR September 10 is aaaages away.

I'm trying to occupy myself as much as possible: I'm making my own invites/OOS etc, covering my shoes with ridiculously small crystals, and practising making my own cup cakes :-) Hopefully this will help to pass the time and it will be 6 months to go in no time. I do think these next few months will go quickly though with christmas and new year coming up. I can't wait to be able to say 'I'm getting married in September' rather than 'September 2010'

So far I have booked the venue, church, photographer and cars but only because tog and car are from friends of HTB. I'm not having much luck with florists as they are quoting me much more than what I wanted to pay! Oh I have also brought my huge cocktail vases for the tables as the were on offer. And I can't find THE dress either :-(

But hopefully things will all fall into place for you, and me :-)

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

I agree with moonpig - I can't wait until I can say this year!! I was excited last NY when I could say next year! (I'm sad/excited!) x

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly how I felt (although its just under 11 months!) All of a sudden I feel like I should seriously pull my finger out and do stuff!

• K
    Beginner July 2010
    kerryanneellis ·
    • Hide content

Think were all in the same boat one im swinging from scary ive only got 10 months then its like dont panic you have got ages!!!

PS Zippy - Pull ya finger out lol ?

K xx

• thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

Im stuck to. part of me thinks yeah ages away dont wana do it all at once and have nothing left and iv already booked most things/ the other part of me wants to do it all now, iv just got o ver the fact iv been engaged a year and 1 week exactly. and now its only ten months to go. ahhh.

moonpig have we seen your vases? details please?

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No I havent posted pics, I didnt think anyone would be interested lol I had a bit of strop when they were delivered actually, they were delievered at work as obv they needed a signature and I was so excited when they came. I was expecting the stem bit of the vase to be hollow so that the lillies could stand up in them, but they aren't. So the florist will have to do an oasis (I think thats what they call it) So I was majorly upset as they cost me about 200 quid! But I've calmed down now lol I'll see if I can take a pic.

• P
    Beginner
    petitefilous ·
    • Hide content

I thought a year was ages away -until it went!

Luckily I'm fairly organised but keep saying to myself and others that 'i've got ages' but now the big day is less than a month away and it's going very quickly.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics