Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

DrBuffles
Beginner August 2014

Anyone else feel like they've been dug up from under a stone?

DrBuffles, 16 of January of 2014 at 11:01 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 23

I'm having real issues waking up in the morning at the mo and I'm really not enjoying it. It's been going on for a few months.

I sleep through alarms and just generally feel like I've been risen from the dead. It takes me ages to come round and I hate feeling so groggy.

Has anyone else experienced this? What could be the cause of it?

I get enough sleep. Generally taking myself off to bed between 10-10.30 and then have the TV on to about 11. I fall asleep no probs, as soon as my head hits the pillow.

23 replies

Latest activity by Horace, 23 of January of 2014 at 08:58
  • ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Yes me, definately. I really don't know why. I think it's a combination of the bad weather and having (another) job I hate.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I get this frequently. I struggle with finding motivation to do a lot of things and getting up is one of them. I think bad weather could be a reason, our house is dark anyway but at this time of year it is really bad.

• SecretlyEloped
    Beginner May 2014
    SecretlyEloped ·
    • Hide content

I get this loads! I sometimes wear excessive layers of pyjamas to bed so that in the morning I wake up boiling and have a strong desire to throw the covers off me!

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

I think it's because it's so dark when my alarm goes off. It was worse when I was with H, he would stay in bed if he was on a late and I'd be getting up and ready in the dark.

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm the same, I do a lot of thinking about doing things but struggle to actually do them. I am the worlds worst procrastinator - it's the trait I hate most in myself.

I think the dark mornings are a big factor of my current feeling. Roll on spring

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

Yep me! I've been having early nights and getting up around 7, not exactly early, and I feel sooooo tired!

• McFarley
    Beginner September 2014
    McFarley ·
    • Hide content

You're not alone!

I have so much trouble getting up at the moment and seem to be sleeping really deeply which doesn't help with the waking up process either - espcially when it's the alarm waking me up! I'm sure it doesn't help having a job that I'm UTTERLY FED UP with and which leaves me completley dog tired at the end of each day. The dark mornings don't help either.

I think we should hibernate through winter (by hibernate I mean sleep as long as we like every day - getting up for tea-time and a glass of wine of course!). Who's with me?!!

x

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes I sleep really, really deeply. When I wake up I'm all stiff like I haven't moved all night.

I am definitely a summer person. I'm always cold and prefer to be sat in direct heat! Like a lizard on a rock!

I am so with you on the hibernation!

• *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Maybe that's the problem, that you are waking up too suddenly. I have one of those wake up lights that comes on gradually for 30 minutes before my alarm. It makes me feel less groggy when I use it. I think the idea is that it is supposed to mimic sunrise so makes you feel more awake.

I am a summer person too. Bring it on!

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

I've always struggled to get up. I have a light alarm which makes it miles easier than waking up in the dark.

• Twiga
    Beginner April 2012
    Twiga ·
    • Hide content

Totally. Regardless of what time I go to bed I have been waking up at 3.30am (without fail) since starting back on the 6th. It's actually 3.27am (wtf?!) I wake up with a sudden jump and feel really panicky with my heart thumping - it's so strange. I can't go back to sleep afterwards as I start thinking about all the things I need to be doing that day/should have done yesterday, and get myself all worked up. It's horrible, I HATE being tired!

• spikeygoodness
    Beginner
    spikeygoodness ·
    • Hide content

I have a light alarm clock too, and couldn't recommend it enough, it helps so much with dark morning wakings. (Assuming the alarm goes off before the toddler, otherwise you're back to square one.)

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Me too.

Ive been feeling really rough recently & very headachey. Not sure whether I'm a bit head coldey or whether it's the change in weather pressure or ???? who knows but I feel tired all the time!

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

Me too, I've been sleeping way past alarms and I feel physically sick getting up.

I don't sleep too well though and my hips were sore last night and I was awake all night until my alarm was about to go off. I've been risking getting the later bus into work which means if it's late, I'll be late. Which is stupid but I'm struggling to even sit up.

I don't know if it's the way I'm feeling or the weather but the dark mornings don't help!

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Yep this describes me perfectly! I struggle to get out of bed at the moment, l am usually good at getting up stupidly early for work but l can barely get myself out of bed late these days. Roll on the lighter mornings and evenings.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Another one with a Lumie light here. The bulb has gone, little man pushed the lamp over and broke it so I'm just waiting for a replacement. I couldn't be without it now, well worth the money.

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Welcome to the dark light side jojo! You won't regret it they are awesome!

• Horace
    Dedicated November 2013
    Horace ·
    • Hide content

Ugh me too! I have been struggling with this for over a year, but it is worse in winter. I moved to a new house around then where my bedroom faces north so gets very little sunlight, wonder if this has anything to do with it? I need one of those alarm clocks!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics