Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

sidsidney
Beginner

Anyone else get wedding envy....?

sidsidney, 22 April, 2010 at 22:08 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hey guys,

When we decided to book our wedding last year, 2010 was 'wedding free' amongst our friends. Since then 3 of our friends have arranged their weddings too for this year (all before ours). Apart from thinking that it would be fun to do our own "Four Weddings" (albeit it may destroy some friendships!) I wasnt really bothered, and actually enjoyed sharing experiences with 2 of the fellow B2Bs. (The third person is a hubby to be so he doesnt really care about WP!)

BUT! Today we got an invitation to the 2nd wedding of the year and I am really starting to worry that ours will look pants in comparison! Damn Vistaprint for the lovely invitations! The venue is lovely, and one that I had really wanted as it was very reasonable but quite grand looking, but it was a little small for us so we had to abandon it. And now I am proper stressing about the ladies getting married before me - who are much slimmer and prettier than me and I just know I am going to spend all of the wedding days comparing, and worrying that a lot of the same people will be at all 4 weddings, and they will be comparing too.

☹️ Oh dear I think I have made myself more miserable by writing it down! (and wondering whether the other brides are secretly on Hitched and I dont know it! lol) Im sure I am being a mentalist about it all, but am I the only B2B getting worried about other weddings?!?

Sid x

11 replies

Latest activity by itgirlno1, 23 April, 2010 at 16:44
  • teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

All the time! ;-)

dont worry bout it, your weddings going to rock, dont bother comparing......if theirs are before then you're saving the best till last Smiley smile

• C
    Carol'sMOH ·
    • Hide content

Oh I really do sympathise with how you feel. I think lots of brides feel the same way but most just never admit it.

But rest assured that when your day comes you will totally forget everyone elses and it really will be the happiest day of your life.

Every wedding is different - even if colours or venues are the same the couple getting married are not and that's what counts to your guests they will all be so happy to be there celebrating with you, they won't be making comparisions. Your personalities and the little personal touches you bring to the day will make it stand out for being your day and special because of that.

Best wishes for your day.

• Steelgoddess
    Beginner June 2010
    Steelgoddess ·
    • Hide content

You know i started off feeling like that but so many things at our wedding are personal, we're writing our own vowels have written readings, I have designed EVERYTHING (invites, table plan, table names, etc)...

OK so you're not getting married at the ritz, but your wedding will be special for you and your husband, and THAT in itself is magical and special in comparasion to your friends...

Its good they're having their wedding prior to yours because you always save the best for last Smiley winking

• Weesie3
    Beginner March 2011
    Weesie3 ·
    • Hide content

I know how you feel. I've been engaged for four years now. We've had to keep putting it off due to money problems. In that time we've been to about 6 weddings where the couple have got engaged after us. To rub salt in the wound, one of h2b's friends got engaged last week after only knowing the girl for two months AND they plan to marry within the year. They both live with their parents....crazy or true love?

Oh yes, wedding envy. We dont have a lot of money. Mil2b offered us some for the venue and food but has withdrawn that offer. Most things are being done on the cheap or I'm making them myself. Our entire budget for over 80 people is less than £6000. Our friends from university are all well off (good jobs whereas I'm disabled and on benefits, h2b is working part time to support me at home) and their parents are rich as well....so their weddings have been fabulous. One in a really old church in Sweden, one in Woburn Abbey....le sigh

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

You shouldn't get wedding envy...

Weddings happen all the time. And no amount of "personalising" will stop most weddings be the same - there are fundemental things that happen at every wedding, it's just fact.

If you chose a long engagement, then you will even more have people getting married before you.

Don't worry about other weddings, just worry about yours. You've made decisions about your wedding, and your happy with them otherwise you wouldn't have done them.

On the day, NONE of your worries will matter. The little things you stressed about for weeks and months will not matter. What matters is your marrying the man you love ?

• BonnieLass
    BonnieLass ·
    • Hide content

WGBS, couldn't have put it better myself!

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    superlauren321 ·
    • Hide content

Well put gb essentially the day will consist of the same things and will be a wedding day

try not to worry i know its easier said than done, but on the day you wont care because the day will be perfect for you

xxx

• millymolly83
    Beginner August 2010
    millymolly83 ·
    • Hide content

I was the same quite recently.

But now have realised that our day will just be that. OUR DAY! It will be exactly how we want it, and what we want.

I am now thinking, i don't really care what anyone else thinks, it's our day and if no one likes how we do things, Tough!!

Your wedding will be fine!! You will look stunning.

• queencrunchy
    queencrunchy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Totally agree with Millymolly83. My day is my day, and for that reason it'll be better than anybody else's!

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Hey Hun

Ultimately I agree with GB, its your wedding day with your friends and family so it will be special.

x

• sidsidney
    Beginner
    sidsidney ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies - In the cold light of day I am feeling a bit more sensible!

And like you say... saving the best for last!! Smiley smile

Have a fab weekend all x

• itgirlno1
    Beginner June 2010
    itgirlno1 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awww poor you! I feel kind of the same - we're both students but since we're also Christians, we don't live together so we're just getting married cheaply to do it quick so we can look forward to being married to each other and everything that comes with being married. We've been really blessed though, because people at our church have offered to do different things and it's left us with nothing to pay for really. God is that amazing! ???

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics