Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2012

Anyone else getting married on a Thursday?

MrsNiven2B, 11 July, 2011 at 20:29 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi Ladies, just wondering if anyone else is getting married on a thursday?

Me and my partner fell in love with our venue but the only dates left were thursdays. It's a bit of a bonus as the venue is £2000 cheaper than a sat! ?

5 replies

Latest activity by victoriamarie, 12 July, 2011 at 09:04
  • A
    Beginner August 2011
    amy00003 ·
    • Hide content

Me me me!! 4th August this year, at the lake district. Im a teacher, so knew it would have to be in the summer hols, plus we wanted something small, and all the weddings for friday and saturdays had to have a minimum of 65 guests

• Nenas
    Beginner March 2012
    Nenas ·
    • Hide content

We get married on a Thursday in March next year.. we chose it purely because the price was lower (about £2500 cheaper than a summer saturday) and a few of our guests have said that its been a good excuse for them to book a long weekend off work. A few can't come because they're teachers etc, but they understand

• kiiradee
    Beginner November 2011
    kiiradee ·
    • Hide content

Moi! 10th nov this year!! price too good to turn down x

• May2be
    Beginner July 2011
    May2be ·
    • Hide content

We get married on a monday (next monday to be exact!) and we chose it pureply cos it was £2.5k cheaper. All our friends and family understand and haven't had any day guests decline an rsvp. We expect that people might leave a little earlier if they haven't booked time off work the following day but we are so happy we have done this as it has been the only sacrifice we have had to make. We probably would have had to cut back on most of the other things if we had gone for a saturday!

• L
    Beginner July 2011
    LallyHay ·
    • Hide content

I am also getting married on a Thurs - 28th of this month. We booked 2 yrs ago & was the best of the days the venue had left...and is the day after my b'day so H2B will hopefully remember our anniversary hehe

• victoriamarie
    Beginner July 2011
    victoriamarie ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, I am getting married next Thursday!! The reason we picked this day was because we fell in love with the venue and couldn't justify paying £3k more to have the exact same wedding on a Saturday. Apart from 1 friend who is a teacher we've had no problem with our daytime guests being able to make a Thursday, we gave them plenty of notice (set out save the dates 8 months in advance) and those who work have booked Thurs and Fri off to make a nice long weekend of it.

We did find however that about half of our evening invites were declined.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics