Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

xKellsBellsx
Beginner December 2012

Anyone else having a cheese wedding cake? With *flash*

xKellsBellsx, 14 of August of 2012 at 17:09 Posted on Planning 0 20

Is anyone else going for a wedding cake made of cheese, rather than a traditional one? We are, and then going to incoporate it into the evening buffet to save some money! The venue are going to supply breads, chutneys, pates etc.

Here is a flash of mine (sorry, been getting a little bit flash happy today!):

Would love to see other people's...obviously I have to decorate the cake myself, so I am looking forward to picking the bits and pieces for that! x

20 replies

Latest activity by Fee, 7 of May of 2021 at 20:35
  • MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

Wow, that is a lot of cheese! Looks amazing.

If I could, I would have had a cheese one and a normal one, but we settled on just the normal one as we are eating late-ish and I didnt want people to have bad dreams after too much wine and cheese!

• xKellsBellsx
    Beginner December 2012
    xKellsBellsx ·
    • Hide content

Ha yes, it feeds 160...I think it is the biggest one this supplier does...and we are also going to be buying some additional cheese too.

Traditional is lovely...I sort of wish we were having both too! It will be weird cutting into cheese during the cake cutting bit...my H2B better not try rubbing any of it in my face! x

• C
    Beginner September 2013
    Caraboo ·
    • Hide content

Yes! We are. This is ours. It fits in perfectly with our colour scheme and we've tasted each of the cheeses and they are AMAZING! The cheddar is the best I have ever tasted! We will get a few more of the smaller cheeses to scatter about the table so there's enough for everyone.

• C
    Beginner September 2013
    Caraboo ·
    • Hide content

Oooh, just realised yours is from the Cheese Shed, too. Have you tried the taster pack of yours? x

• xKellsBellsx
    Beginner December 2012
    xKellsBellsx ·
    • Hide content

Ha just about to say, think we may be both using The Cheese Shed! I haven't got the samples yet, but I will do! Yours is absolutely beautiful! All their stuff is amazing. x x x

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

I.love.cheese ? !

Both of those look amazing!

We are having ploughmans lunch in the evening so will be getting my cheese fix, also might have our veggie option main course cheese based!

• W
    Beginner December 2012
    Who-me? ·
    • Hide content

We're having a cheese & wine evening. Unlucky for me I have just been confirmed to have a dairy allergy so no cheese for me Smiley sad (my throats swells up so I can't even sneak a little bit)

I'm sure the guest & Hubby will enjoy it

• Rhys Parker
    Rhys Parker ·
    • Hide content

Never seen a cake made of cheese before, but I love the look of that! (Don't really like wedding cake/icing).

It would be interesting to photograph as well...

• M
    MissWin ·
    • Hide content

I'm hoping to have one of these. However, I was hoping you don't mind me being nosey, but how much have your venues charged you for the crackers, chutney etc? Our hotel initially said £5 per head just for the chutney, crackers, bread and grapes! That is £300 and then we have to buy the cheese on top of that. Not exactly a cheap option. I have a cake business with a friend so not as though I couldn't have a cheap cake!

Be really interested to know. Someone else I spoke to said that her venue was charging £5 per head but that included the cheese!

Thanks,

Rach x

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

They seem to be really popular at the moment, our last 2 weddings have had one of these (although they both had a traditional cake too)

I think they're great, I love a bit of cheese!

The wedding before that had a cheesecake wedding cake- which was absolutely amazing too.

All the quirky ideas get me excited.

• xKellsBellsx
    Beginner December 2012
    xKellsBellsx ·
    • Hide content

Hi Rach, my venue is charging £3 / head, so maybe try and knock them down a bit...mention your friend's deal when talking to them and they might either come down on the price, or include the cheese too.

x x x

• Trouble_gb
    Beginner September 2013
    Trouble_gb ·
    • Hide content

Ohhhh me me me!!

Also from CheeseShed

Our venue are charging 2.50 per head for crackers and chutneys.

Yet to taste though.

• xKellsBellsx
    Beginner December 2012
    xKellsBellsx ·
    • Hide content

The Cheese Shed are wonderful aren't they?? I didn't realise cheese could be so beautiful!!! I had only seen them in places like M&S and Waitrose before I seriously started looking into cheese cakes - thank goodness I did! x

• fairyfay
    Beginner September 2012
    fairyfay ·
    • Hide content

Me too, although I have ordered mine from M&S, a friend is busy making a rustic stand out of oak and we will decorate with fruit etc for the finishing touches. Also have a picture of the topper for it too which took me ages to find ?

• xKellsBellsx
    Beginner December 2012
    xKellsBellsx ·
    • Hide content

Hi JoJo - yeah, I fully anticipate there to be left overs, but as I am getting married at Christmas, I am going to tell the family not to bother buying any cheese for Christmas Day etc as I am SURE there will be left overs...if there isn't, then I will have to go out and get some replacement...although I'm sure we'll all be sick of the sight of the stuff by then! x

• fairyfay
    Beginner September 2012
    fairyfay ·
    • Hide content

Thankfully most of my family are massive cheese fans and are lookin forward to having the cheese rather than the traditional cake. any left overs will be shipped off with the family after. My Nan wos 91 was a tad confussed about the cheese cake and have had many chats that its a cake of cheese not a "sweet cheese cake". We have now decided to have a small iced fruit cake to please my nan bless her, although shes diabetic and shouldnt have it anyway ? still at her age she can have anything she wants xx

• clarediston
    clarediston ·
    • Hide content

Oh my God, I've never heard about this before, but it's such an amazing idea! I love cheese - could probably eat one of these to myself Smiley smile

• katie1103
    Beginner September 2012
    katie1103 ·
    • Hide content

I am mine is from cheeseshed too

• Fee
    Beginner November 2022 Gloucestershire
    Fee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Where did you find that fantastic tower of curdled bovine glandular secretions?!?!? (sorry sorry I was watching lilo and stitch and it's warped my mind!)

but seriously that is stunning! could I ask where you found it?Smiley love

• Fee
    Beginner November 2022 Gloucestershire
    Fee ·
    • Hide content

We are being greedy and having both a cheese stack and a sweet cake in an attempt to keep costs down. I have been dribbling over the pictures provided! The venue has been a bit tiresome and changed how evening catering is being done since we deposited for the wedding so I havent been able to confirm costs per head yet but this has been a big eye opener and very helpful so thanks to all!

The nice bit about cheese and cake is most of it can be frozen if it doesn't all get eaten so you could maybe even keep some back for your first anniversary!

good luckSmiley ring

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics