Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner April 2012

anyone else having a wishbone shape WR advice please FLASH included

LittleMissB, 26 of June of 2011 at 15:55 Posted on Planning 0 5

I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT BECAUSE OF THE SHAPE OF MY ER A WISHBONE SHAPE WR WILL SIT BETTER THAN A BAND BUT WHEN I TRY THEM ON IT JUST DOESNT FEEL WEDDINGNY IYNWIM ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS STYLE RING AND WOULD CARE TO FLASH THE ONES I HAVE TRIED ON HAVE DIAMOND STONES SET IN THEM AND I MUCH PREFER THOSE IN COMPARRISON TO THE PLAIN ONES AS THEY MATCH MY RING PERFECTLY BUT THE PLAIN ONES LOOK MORE LIKE A WEDDING RING IF THAT MAKES SENSE LOL I HAVE ADDED A PIC OF MY RING HOPE IT WORKS AS FIRST TIME POSTING FROM PHONE

5 replies

Latest activity by PaulsPrincess, 27 of June of 2011 at 21:49
  • F
    Beginner July 2012
    FutureMrsLawrence ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, i have worked in a jellewers for the last 5 years so hopefully I can offer some advice. You have whats often called a boat shaped engagement ring so the problem you face is if you put it with a standard straight band it will sit against the furthest point of the setting so you will be left with quite a large gap at each shoulder. You will also find that there will over time be a lot of wear on the side of that one outer claw. A wishbone would be a good choice either plain or stone-set but it would need to be a fairly deep wishbone for it to sit correctly. The other option you have is have a shaped band made to fit around your ER? HTH, Kelly Smiley smile

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Our daughter had one made by the same man who made her engagement ring:-

Don't know the name of the jeweller who designed it but his studio was in Leeds.

• RebeccaLou87
    Beginner October 2011
    RebeccaLou87 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Ive got a shaped wedding ring with diamonds in it because of the shape of my ER and I love it, I think it looks very "weddingy". Here's a flash for you:

• agentblackcat
    Beginner July 2011
    agentblackcat ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Im having a wishbone shaped wedding ring - I was originally going to have one made to fit around my engagement ring but decided I did not like the look of these on their own (if I ever wanted to wear ring alone) so got this ring - its lovely can't wait to wear itSmiley smile

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

AgentBlackCat - is that from Beaverbrooks?! Mine is very similar. I have platinum as have a platinum engagement ring but think they do it in white gold too. I was also going to have one specially made, but tried this on and it fits really well against my ER, and i prefer the curve to the more harshly straight-cut out ones i was going to go for!

x

• PaulsPrincess
    Beginner May 2012
    PaulsPrincess ·
    • Hide content

This is mine, wishbone ish...just fits perfectly against my ER

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics