Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner August 2011

Anyone else having Teal/Jade Green?

emmamac73, 16 September, 2010 at 13:09 Posted on Planning 0 22

I am finding it hard to match colours, chair covers etc to this specific colour, and I'm also struggling with flowers. Anyone else?

I saw this pic which I really like but don't want to bring another colour in to the scheme? Although I did think about asking my Mum to wear purple to tie in with it? I know she loves purple :-)

What do you think?

Anyone found any Teal goodies? Or know of any other designers that do a nice teal colour?

Thanks

22 replies

Latest activity by Kitles123, 12 August, 2012 at 22:55
  • missmidwife
    Beginner January 2011
    missmidwife ·
    • Hide content

Me I am!

My bridesmaids have these dresses, they match the tealness but are by ebony rose.

The men are having matching cravats. Im having white roses with diamontes and fancy leaves around the edge. Bridesmaids are having white gerbera with diamontes.

Also Suzanne at Pretty Wild (see my other post) uses a similar teal to these dresses. I sourced a supplier of ribbon very close to matching and have made menus etc myself.

HTH. xx

• SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

My (almost) SIL had teal when she got married in August. It looked great but can be a pain in the ass to match. Her BM had a teal dress, teal on the table plan/name cards and the boys had a similar (but more blue) colour for their cravats and pocket handkerchiefs.

She had cream, peach and bright orange roses for the bouquets and table decorations. It looked really good. The bridal party had cream button holes/corsages and the groom had a bright orange one.

Good luck ?

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

Hi, i was a bridesmaid last year for my sister who had teal. I wore an Alfred Angelo dress in Tealness and she fell in love with the colour from seeing the dress too.

She found a perfect match for the cravats i can find out where from if you would like.

We had purpley roses as bougquets because her florist recommended using a bold colour on the teal it looked really nice. Am at work at the moment but could flash pic later if you like.

She also found loads of ribbons accesories etc so it shouldnt be too hard to match it up Smiley smile

Good choice btw

• E
    Beginner August 2011
    emmamac73 ·
    • Hide content

You're dresses are lovely!! I love the pleat detail and the sparkly bits. V nice.

I was thinking of having white rose too, like this...

Or I think these might look nice if the BM have purple...

• E
    Beginner August 2011
    emmamac73 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lamb,

Flashes and contact would be GREAT!!! Thank You! I was planning on buying xtra material and having cravats and hankies made but if they are readily available that would be fab!

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Yes we are having teal and choc brown with peacock feathers tying it all in. Not having any other colour as flowers will be cala lillies

This is the dress i have seen i like for my sis (MOH) but without the halter neck.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Quite a difficult colour to match but looks really good with bold contrasts such as lemon, orange, and purples as mentioned. Here's a teal wedding I did recently with calla lilies and the Bride had teal coloured diamante in the bouquet to highlight the colour:-

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I've used Teal in a wedding in Cyprus but we accented with Orange as it is so hard to match Teal.

• M
    Beginner April 2011
    mrsrh* ·
    • Hide content

Hi. . . . I'm going with the white/silver/teal colour theme for our big day !!

So far i've got white card for the invites/thank you cards and some ribbon & butterfly shapes in teal to make my own invitations & thank you cards. I've got silver peel offs for the Invitations/thank you's, etc. All found and bought on ebay.

Also got some satin ribbon in teal for the cakes(s) from ribbon oasis.

Found some pink & teal table confetti on ebay too. I am also having white cake bottles of bubbles to go on the tables (for the evening reception).

I'm watching some silk flowers on ebay that are white with teal. Some i like more than others.

Looking at arranging silver, white & teal helium filled balloons that can be grouped in 3 (1 of each colour) to be held down by silver weights to go on each or every other table (again for the evening reception).

Thats as far as i've got so far.

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

I have done one teal wedding, which we matched with blue and green to bring everything together. Here's a pic below to give you an idea. You could do the same with chair covers, ie a jade green and turquoise sash together to give a similar palette overall.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

A few ideas for you:

• fiona1984
    Beginner July 2013
    fiona1984 ·
    • Hide content

I used teal and ivory for my wedding 4 weeks ago (have a look at my photos www.martinsmithphotos.co.uk go to client area fiona and adam and password is marley.) I thought it was gonna be a nightmare matching different teals from different suppliers but it worked out perfectly. I am in the southwest. just ask if you want any suppliers names etc. we had teal chair sashes, balloons, gel in the flower displays, stationery and tablle confetti. oh and flower pins and ribbon

hth

fiona

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

Hi back from work now

This is the place we got the cravats from

• ruth23
    Beginner September 2011
    ruth23 ·
    • Hide content

I think I'm going to have teal and cream, with a hint of purple... All these photos look FAB!

• amberlindsay
    Beginner April 2011
    amberlindsay ·
    • Hide content

Ooh I love this thread; I was going to have a light turquoise colour scheme, but have changed my mind recently because I just love so many of the teal dresses I have seen so far. At the moment; we're looking at some of the Dessy dresses; but not sure if I can get them in the correct colour - they all seem to come in different fabrics with different colours.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

My theme is turquoise but I am finding that this crosses over with Teal a lot...

For example these are my shoes which are described as Turquoise...

But they are an EXACT match for these dresses in Coast which are labelled as Teal...

• Mrs Mack
    Beginner May 2012
    Mrs Mack ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, I'm having teal at my wedding, it can be hard to match, cos when you say teal, everyone produces a different shade. I was going to use my tartan on my invites and stuff, but i luckily managed to find the right colour of ribbon.

I am just having white roses for my flowers, and centerpieces, they are gorgeous and will match well i think, will obviously need a bit of sparkle tho!!

• ruth23
    Beginner September 2011
    ruth23 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh where are those shoes from? They are amaziiing!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

They are Ravel, which I got from

• M
    Beginner March 2012
    mrs a to be ·
    • Hide content

I have decided on Teal as our wedding colour as i wore a teal dress at our engagement party. I have found lovely dresses on the high street - £90 a dress. but i don't get married until 2012...... should i buy them now as i'm 110% happy with the colour, price, the style OR do i wait until closer to the time and hope i can find something as nice. help please!!! ☹️
  • L
    Beginner May 2013
    LadyKate30 ·
    • Hide content

• K
    Beginner August 2013
    Kitles123 ·
    • Hide content

I am also having Alfred Angelo's Tealness. Here is my flower girl dress:

http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections/productdisplay.aspx?productID=c9cc8cf9-d8ca-4085-a431-453bcc95e2a5&categoryID=76793ebf-607f-4683-82b6-d880a00a2197&pg=0&colorId1=

Sorry for some reason I can't post the pic :-(

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics