Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

StaceyLorraine
Beginner July 2014

Anyone else lost their wedding mojo?

StaceyLorraine, 18 of September of 2013 at 21:59 Posted on Planning 0 10

In the last 5-6 weeks my wedding mojo has just completely disappeared and nothing is motivating me to sort it out. I've got under 10 months and not even sent my STDs. Is anyone else having this issue too?

10 replies

Latest activity by HundredMonkeys, 22 of September of 2013 at 15:02
  • goldpants
    Beginner May 2014
    goldpants ·
    • Hide content

I sent my STDs out in May with one year to go, then did absolutely nothing until september!! Barely came on hitched, couldn't be bothered to talk wedding.... Completely mojoless! Even put on half a stone when I was supposed to be losing weight before my dress arrives!

But had some weekends off at work so booked my bridesmaid in for a dress appointment as i'm rarely free at weekends. Found the perfect dress and bought it.

Came on hitched and did a mega flash of all things weddingy.

In last three weeks have been investigating wedding rings, have confirmed chair covers, evening music selection, timings of the day, photo list, bought a ringbinder with dividers and printed off all emails to put in with paperwork.

Wedding mojo is back!!!!

Bite the bullet, force yourself to send out your STD,come on here and show us and maybe a great big planning flash might help get you in the mood??? Smiley winking

I promise it will return - mine has with a vengeance Smiley smile

• Sambride
    Beginner April 2014
    Sambride ·
    • Hide content

I know what you mean.

I havnt done anything wedding related in ages! I cant even be bothered to talk about weddings. I've lost the mojo ?

I tried to get back into the flow by popping into Random Hall on Sunday (It said on their website they were having a wedding open day!!) But turned up, and it had been cancelled! Then was asking the owner questions about decorations and he just confused me, they seem to change the policy about things alot, im starting to get worried that im going to rock up on my wedding day and their going to say its been cancelled! Lol.

Need a good kick up the bum!

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content

I go through stages! But I would say send your STD otherwise there will be no point and what a waste of money that would be! It will get people talking to you about it again as they get their invites which will get you excited! GO GO GO

• C
    Beginner April 2014
    cearstaidh ·
    • Hide content

I've kinda lost my mojo too. But I think it's mainly to do with suppliers not getting back to me very quickly. I've got most of the important things done but at the moment I really can't be bothered chasing people up to answer my questions.

The wedding isn't until April so I'm kinda hoping that it'll all be ok and I'll get my mojo back by christmas!

• M
    Beginner October 2015
    MissMoo ·
    • Hide content

I ain't even started and I am loosing the will to live!

• StaceyLorraine
    Beginner July 2014
    StaceyLorraine ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I avoid Random Halls wedding open days as they are not that great but instead I as Jackie for the dates of up coming weddings so I can nip in during the morning and see how its all set up. I've seen some nice ones but every wedding so far has lacked the top table that I desire. I don't bother with Nigel at all as hes as useful as a wet paper bag EVERYTHING goes through Jackie with me.

If you want to deal with the organ grinder and not the monkey for decorations then your lady is Jenni Tavnor she is who they contract out to do the room dressing and the only reason I know this is because my MIL is friends with her. Here is her page: http://www.allblewnup.com/index.php ... I think because this is there first year as a wedding venue they are needing a big kick up the bum from brides lol x

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I was the same. Couldn't be bothered to do anything.

Sent the save the dates out at a year to go but then didn't do anything again till a couple of weeks ago. Now I've got just over 6 months to go I feel like I can do things. I was getting fed up of people telling me I was too organised or planning too early.

Just ordered my invitations which will take about 6 weeks to arrive and then we'll send out a little after that. I'm slowly getting back in to it.

• W
    Beginner February 2014
    Wifeytobe88 ·
    • Hide content

I think it's totally normal, every bride must go through lulls in the planning. How much of the organising have you already done? I'm getting married 5 months today after getting engaged in April, so with only a 10 month engagement, I knew I had to work fast at the beginning and sort all the 'big' stuff eg venue, photographer, dress etc. after that stuff's all done, what is there to do until nearer the time! It's impossible to be super hyped about something that's happening 10 months away, so relax and enjoy this time, as I'm sure you'll get really busy with all the little details closer to your wedding date.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

We had an 8.5 mth engagement plus had loads going on in the meantime, so we didn't have a lull of more than 3 or 4 weeks at a time. But in the last 2 months we just wanted to be married already! We had lost momentum a bit and it became more about the finishing touches and guest woes and admin than the beautiful act of marriage Smiley smile

But it all came flooding back on the day.

Imagine starting to plan and buy and organise for Christmas on 1st January? It'd get boring at some points surely? it's no different, and it'll all get exciting again!

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

Duplicate

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

I'm feeling like this big time. Wedding isn't until August. I thought I would have a teaching job to fill my time so I got a lot of things sorted early...but alas, the job never happened and now I'm twiddling my thumbs! I've broken the next few months into little things, so have got OH planning something for my birthday at the end of Oct, etc, so it's giving me something to look forward to every month. Christmas will take up a good two weeks and then we'll be into January and I won't feel so stupid planning and sorting things as it'll be happening within that year! At the moment, I tend to get the whole "oh it's ages away" from friends, family, and even suppliers, thus adding to the whole "meh" feel about it all...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics