Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

JellyBellyBride
Beginner December 2014

Anyone else not having a hen do?

JellyBellyBride, 1 of September of 2014 at 12:28 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hoping you can all re-assure me as I'm starting to feel like a real grinch as more and more people ask what I'm doing for my hen do.

I just don't want one. I'm not miserable, I'm not dreading getting married, I'm not pregnant (as I was asked the other day!!) I just don't want a hen do. Is it that unusual? Why can't people get their heads round it? I'm now really worried that someone is going to organise something for me as a surprise. I think people actually think I'm just saying it for effect and secretly I must want a hen do!

It can't just be me, is there anyone else out there not having a hen do? If so, are you getting the same reaction as me?

x

9 replies

Latest activity by DeeBee33, 1 of September of 2014 at 22:30
  • L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

I'm the same the idea of a big hen just isn't for me. I am doing an English tea just with my mum sister's and little bridesmaids and that's all I could want. Have been offered a hen but just don't fancy one.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I had a weekend with just my two bridesmaids and it was brilliant. Some girls just don't want to dress up like an idiot and be paraded around drunk! A hen do can be whatever you want it to be though, I know more and more people who are doing different things like afternoon tea (love that idea!) or staying at home and playing Mr and Mrs games etc. Do what makes you happy

• KinkyBride
    Beginner March 2016
    KinkyBride ·
    • Hide content

The first time around I just had a meal with some colleagues and local friends (I live 150 miles away from where I grew up) and that was fine. I must admit I really hate the thought of a huge night out with games/forfeits/stripper or whatever, it's just not 'me'.

This time we're thinking of having a joint celebration. Possibly to an already existing event that we just go to with our friends and have a nice day/evening out. If we don't do that though then I'm not at all bothered about doing anything.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I'm not having one. I don't want a big fuss. Hardly anybody I know in real life knows our wedding date, but I am vaguely worried that my mother will try to organise something and I'll have to slap the idea out of her. (Not literally I hasten to add.)

• Nature Bride
    Beginner August 2015
    Nature Bride ·
    • Hide content

I am going to have something low-key. No L-plates, no penises and definitely no strippers! I certainly won't be getting drunk either. I probably sound like a nun now!

• Miss-b
    Beginner August 2016
    Miss-b ·
    • Hide content

I don't think your being a grinch at all!! At the end of the day its your wedding/hen do you can do what you want!

I don't feel the need to have one and if anything I think I'd rather have a spa day with just my close friends and family than go out and get twatted!! I can't deal with the hangovers anymore lol

Plus I hate all the tack and tat that comes with a hen do!

• X
    Beginner December 2014
    xmasangel14 ·
    • Hide content

I know how you feel, I really don't want a hen do either, it just isn't me. I noticed you are getting married just before me at christmas. What I've done is asked some friends and family if they would like to do a christmas party night (it's a 3 course dinner and dance) at a local hotel instead. Everybody I've asked loved the idea and it's a nice night out without all that hen party stuff. X

• Charlie1989
    Beginner August 2016
    Charlie1989 ·
    • Hide content

I don't really fancy a hen do either. I was thinking of going yurting with my mum/sister and some close friends. Have a BBQ, a few drinks and a bonfire in the evening Smiley smile do what makes you happy xx

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

I dont fancy a hen do, i dont drink and going out into town isnt my thing

might just go out for a nice meal instead

• DeeBee33
    Dedicated November 2014
    DeeBee33 ·
    • Hide content

I didn't have a proper hen. Since I don't have loads of girlie mates and am marrying my female best friend I couldn't see the point. Instead, my mum and two bridesmaids and my flower girl took me out shoe shopping a few months back - we had a champagne lunch and got my wedding shoes, got wedding make up (sister is MUA), looked for bridesmaid dresses and picked up lots of wedding bits, then finished the afternoon with drinks in a hotel lounge so Miss Molly my flower girl had lots of room to run about. Absolutely lovely, very special and not a penis straw in sight!

I did get to wear a sash though!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics