Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

yummymummy05
Beginner November 2010

Anyone else organising their own hen party?

yummymummy05, 25 August, 2010 at 19:42 Posted on Planning 0 7

This is the one and only wedding thing that is causing me to majorly stress out.

Why is it that no one wants to pay up front? I've basically got about 7 days to pay to confirm the booking. My hen night is only 6 weeks away and no one seems interested.

I honestly feel like i am wasting my time trying to organise it.

Sorry for it sounding like a bit of a rant but just needed to vent slightly.

7 replies

Latest activity by blueeyedgirl, 26 August, 2010 at 09:26
  • taylor-made
    Beginner September 2010
    taylor-made ·
    • Hide content

I know exactly how you feel, no one is even close to being bothered to sort something out and the weddings in a month, sisters have said we are not gonna do anything,

i had a little rant myself it started as a post on my RSVP situation and developed into a massive cry about not having a hen party

i have resigned myself to the fact that i am not having a hen party so im gonna have a nice night in with my OH and maybe have a little cry into a glass of juice, (pregnant and hating juice lol )

Do it yourself if you have girlies around you who maybe care a little get them together and have a ball,

and vent all you like it helps and stops your OH baring the brunt of a moody bride

lara x

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

I did. a meal out. simple, hassle free. No fuss. x

• M
    Beginner July 2010
    mrslowndes2b ·
    • Hide content

I did 2 - mainly coz some of my bridesmaids dont see eye to eye and the thought of them in the same room without supervision.....so I organised it and got exactly what I wanted a night out with my friends ?

xx

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I will most likely be, sister is preggers and never goes out anyway so wouldn't know where to start!!!

• yummymummy05
    Beginner November 2010
    yummymummy05 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Ladies,

I'm only planning on going to Manchester Birdcage and asking for £15 per person. Its not like i'm going away for a week and asking for hundreds!!

• N
    Beginner September 2010
    nic&al ·
    • Hide content

I can sympathise. I had to pay mine 3 weeks ago and ended running round the night before for everyones money. It was £30 for a cocktail workshop in Manchester and I gave evryone lots of notice. Some of my closest friends still haven't paid and I have had to foot the bill. My sister is my MOH and never even thought to organise it. And now my MIL2B who was originally coming has decided to go on holiday so will not only be missing the Hen do but also my daughters 3rd birthday party. She also wants her money back despite the fact I cant get it back from the company.

Wishing you lots of luck xx

• fizzypop
    Beginner July 2011
    fizzypop ·
    • Hide content

That's awful, Taylor Made☹️ Could you not organise something small yourself?

Oh no Nic that's no good, I had a similiar thing with my OHs aunt who paid the deposit, then another installment, then decided she was too old (despite the fact my mum, MIL2B, aunt and OHs other aunt are all coming, and are similar ages!) and pulled out only to be put out when I said she wouldn't get her money back! So a grr on your behalf!

I've organised mine, one because when I booked it I only had two bridesmaids (7 and 9) and two because I'm a control freak and I love organising things! I had to ask people three times to pay the deposit, with over a year to go, but they all did eventually. I had to send round a text basically saying if you can come great, the deposit is needed by this date if not, please let me know. I always find my friends need reminding when it comes to invitations!

Just give people another reminder text, and I'm sure they will come good. If not, we can have a Hitched Hen for all you lovely brides who have been let down by your friends xx

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

I am...my bridesmaids havent even mentioned the idea or orgnaising mine but to be fair I am a bit of a control freak and would want to organise it myself. Plus I have diff friendship groups spread out over the country. I think they will have a few surprises up their sleeve tho!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics