Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Leah
Beginner April 2025 East London

Anyone else planning a wedding later than they’d have liked?

Leah, 31 of July of 2023 at 20:36 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 3
A bit off topic and personal, but is anyone else in my situation where they’re planning a wedding at an age where they also want to plan a family?

My fiancé and i have been engaged for 6 years, and i’m now 36. We’ve always wanted children but could never decide on our wedding plans for multiple reasons. Now, we’re finally getting on with the wedding but i’m starting to feel like i need to hurry the wedding to next year because having a baby later than 37 feels quite late.
I’ve been feeling really happy that we finally got moving with our wedding but now i feel worried that it will potentially have to push back having a family even later… It’s quite an unsettling feeling especially when we’ve had all this time running up to now.

3 replies

Latest activity by AlexSpride, 5 of August of 2023 at 15:47
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Hey there.

I understand where you’re coming from. The thing is we don’t know how easy or hard it is until we try either. So although you may feel age is against you, it may or may not be. Enjoy what you have planned at the moment, an extra year isn’t going to make much difference in the grand scheme of things.
    Alternatively, what’s stopping you trying whilst nearing the end of wedding planing?
  • G
    Beginner June 2025 Surrey
    Gemma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi

We got engaged in 2018 had our little one in 2017. However, the wedding we planned in 2020 was cancelled for obvious reasons so now beginning to plan again for our ten year anniversary in 2025. Due to health issues I’ve been unable to carry full term. Still see if you can start trying. I will be going on to 42 when we get married.
  • G
    Beginner June 2025 Surrey
    Gemma ·
    • Hide content
    Hi

We got engaged in 2018 had our little one in 2017. However, the wedding we planned in 2020 was cancelled for obvious reasons so now beginning to plan again for our ten year anniversary in 2025. Due to health issues I’ve been unable to carry full term. Still see if you can start trying. I will be going on to 42 when we get married.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics