Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lola-Belle
Beginner April 2013

Anyone else watching everyone get flowers and gettin a bit peed!

Lola-Belle, 14 February, 2012 at 13:32 Posted on Planning 0 30

My h2b is sooo thoughtful but doesnt look like im gettin flowers or anything and im hating watch everyone else get them and me sitting here getting nothing!

More so cos ive helped about 20 blokes make it special for their girls this year !

pfft lol just wanted to winge really it doesnt usually bother me so dont know why it is this year, but the only way I can describe my feelings at the min are pfffttt!!

lol

x

30 replies

Latest activity by Lola-Belle, 15 February, 2012 at 09:31
  • *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content

You never know you might be surprised by the end of the day and be eating your words!! Here's hoping anyway.

I can't bear Valentine's day...in fact the whole idea of a prescribed 'romantic' day give me the creeps. I'd rather flowers, a card, a lovely meal etc on any other day of the week!

I hope however that you are happy by bedtime! ?

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

Doesnt bother me either...but i would of at least liked him to SAY happy valentines.nothing. nadah.

it was our anniversary on sunday and i got flowers & a card then & i cooked dinner & we're away for the night on friday. so aside from Vday..its all very lovely at the moment.

oh & i complained to the company who delivered my flowers. i got a dozen red roses...2 of the heads were cut off & 3 stems were rotting. i know he got it on groupon but it was meant to be a £50 bunch of flowers and it was more like a £10 garage forcourt. so i am having another bunch delivered this week. which is nice Smiley smile

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

hehe naughty

• Lola-Belle
    Beginner April 2013
    Lola-Belle ·
    • Hide content

Im usually the same! Dont buy into it so when he said where do you want to go I said I want to stay in with you with a bottle of wine. I didnt think that would mean dont get me anything! lol

Its not like him I think thats more what im peeved! He's always soo romantic and unlike me does buy into this kind of thing so I always get something.

Plus we had our first propper fight at the weekend (were not usually the fighting type) so it was pretty upsetting, so I thought he would try and make it up to me.

Obviously not! Possibly more botherd than usual as my sis lives with us and her fellas a cheese ball so shes had all sorts!

Weekend away with roses on the bed in a hilton suite and champers and harpest playing their song and got up to card choc flowers the lot!

Sibling rivalry!

lol and i do hope im happy by bedtime Smiley tongue grr!

x

• O
    Beginner August 2012
    olderbride ·
    • Hide content

You might be speaking too soon and end up getting a surprise later in the day. My OH just called me at work and got me to go out to my car on some pretext or other. When I got to my care i found it decorated with balloons, hearts, ribbons, roses, I love you banners etc with a great big fluffy teddy in the driving seat holding a bunch of red roses and a box of choccies! He then appeared laughing his head off as he was supposed to be at work!

Last year he turned up at work (I work in a hospital) dressed in a while sailor suit (a la Richard Gere) with flowers. He caused quite a stir I can tell you. lol

Goodness knows what he will do on our wedding day!!!!!!!!!

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

Wowzers older bride. that is proper going all out! x

• O
    Beginner August 2012
    olderbride ·
    • Hide content

I bet he's just keeping you waiting to wind you up. Fingers crossed x

• O
    Beginner August 2012
    olderbride ·
    • Hide content

Lurvlyloz - I know - he constantly amazes me and surprises me. It's all the more beautiful because it took me a long time to trust him and accept him as genuine after being badly hurt the first time around. He never gave up althoughI was quite dismissive of him for quite a while. And look at us now ...... getting married in August! Made me believe in the good things in life again.

Sorry.didn't mean to get all soppyx

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah but if he's not OP then it doesn't matter. It's only a silly greeting card day - don't punish him if he hasn't done anything.

• E
    Beginner March 2012
    Emsypooh ·
    • Hide content

Mine is away this week but I was kind of hoping he'd have something sent to me but nothing yet. lol

• Lola-Belle
    Beginner April 2013
    Lola-Belle ·
    • Hide content

I know why its bothering me!!!! BRAINWAVE!

Because of the wedding ect I have been getting asked all day "what did you get!" "Did you get flowers too!" " Were going here! where are you going"

Thats why im getting annoyed I feel like a div that everyone else is getting these things not me... damn made up day! "

Even when you are in love and happy it makes you feel like crap! lol

x

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It shouldn't. No reason for it to at all.

Good grief, you're getting married to this man. Is that not a big enough statement of his love?

• Kylie541
    Beginner February 2013
    Kylie541 ·
    • Hide content

Hugs xx

• Lola-Belle
    Beginner April 2013
    Lola-Belle ·
    • Hide content

See your point kharv, but sometimes its nice to be spoiled a little especially when your feelin down (as I am at the moment over many things I wont go into) Had a pretty shitty few months and done alot of crying on his shoulder.

I would never actaully say anything to him about not getting me anything and alot of what I have said is jesting (hence the lol all though my posts)

Just a bit miffed that I didnt get anything (as of yet anyway) things bother some people that may not bother others! (repetative noises drive me insane! but dont bother most people)

After our fight it would have been "nice" to have something even just a card gesture and not getting one did make me fell completely green eyed monster at everyone who is getting something.

Natural feelings I think.

Huge gestures arnt my thing but a nice card with some words of love would of made my day, was my whole point.

• westlakedesignsbasic
    westlakedesignsbasic ·
    • Hide content

Both me and the OH got cards for each other this year, first time in 12 years together, but it was only beacause the daugter sneakily bought them and made us write them out seperately Smiley smile

• Lola-Belle
    Beginner April 2013
    Lola-Belle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks love thats just what I needed Smiley smile

x

• Kylie541
    Beginner February 2013
    Kylie541 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can totally understand where you're coming from but he may surprise you tonight.

• Lola-Belle
    Beginner April 2013
    Lola-Belle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

aww bless your daughter!

i know lots of couples who dont and are more than happy with it (have been in the past myself in other relationships)

Like I said think its due to outside factors and feeling generally crappy and like no-one really gives a *** except him, it would have been nice to get something even a card.

I ment to put what he wrote on my crimbo card on here for you lot, sooo soppy and sweet! lol

x

• Lola-Belle
    Beginner April 2013
    Lola-Belle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fingers and toe's crossed girlies!!

x

• Kylie541
    Beginner February 2013
    Kylie541 ·
    • Hide content

Hugs for you too xx

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

Have you done anything for him Lola-belle?

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content

Here you go lola-belle ? ??

• Lola-Belle
    Beginner April 2013
    Lola-Belle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Card, im cooking tonight, got him one of his fave dvds to watch and a surprise for later ?

lol x

• Lola-Belle
    Beginner April 2013
    Lola-Belle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks huni !

x

• filoftus
    Beginner November 2012
    filoftus ·
    • Hide content

Well i wont bet getting anything either hun. I havent spent a valentines day or my birthday in all the time we have been together because of the Army sending him away all the time!!! but hey ho, I will go into work tonight and hear about what wives husbands and partners got!!

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

OH told me weeks ago we are not to get each other anything what with the wedding coming up so I bought him a card and a bag of haribo hearts! I got flowers from my son who is 7 (via OH) and a box of lingerie this morning, now I feel a cheapskate! He totally isn't bothered though. May be us women should be like that. Something may turn up yet and if it doesn't you can still have a nice night in.

On another note When will men understand that when we say we want nothing, it means we do but shouldn't have to tell you!

• Kylie541
    Beginner February 2013
    Kylie541 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hugs for you too! Xx

• filoftus
    Beginner November 2012
    filoftus ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you hun and hugs for you too xx

It sucks big time

• Lola-Belle
    Beginner April 2013
    Lola-Belle ·
    • Hide content

Aww very true ! I got in and had a card and a rose on the bed, a candle to have dinner with at the table and a book ive been eyein up for weeks! Ment more to me than flowers tbh! It was somthing personal to me !

Hope you all had a lovely valentines day ladies and can ignore my woe is me post Smiley smile Most of just been one of them days lol

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics