Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

TheNinjaPigeon
Beginner January 2011

Anyone else with wedding wobbles?

TheNinjaPigeon, 20 December, 2010 at 17:52 Posted on Planning 0 7

I have now got a dress ready to collect, all my bits done bar some stationery stuff to finish, and just over 5 weeks to wait. It's giving my mind plenty of time to tick over and I have started to feel incredibly nervous about getting married.

Everyone always jokes about the best man's job being to get the groom down the aisle, but no-one talks about the bride feeling the same. I have no doubts about my OH at all, but marriage suddenly seems a much bigger deal than it did, especially when everything is just fab as it is.

I know I will get married and I know that all will be fine and we are going to be very happy, but please tell me other people have felt a bit irrational like this!!

7 replies

Latest activity by *Nursey*, 21 December, 2010 at 09:08
  • ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Awww Becci!

you are having normal worries and concerns and I know how you feel - this is my 2nd and I told OH last week I'm positive he's not going to turn up..!!!

how stupid is that - and I've been through the big white wedding once, and this one is a more simple affair.. which its so turning out not to be.

I would say if you haven't got much to do.. switch off WP now until after xmas and enjoy xmas with your OH and family, totally chillax you will be fine.

Brides have so much to worry about.. but the little things truly dont matter..! take it from me.. from experience. xxx

• kj82
    Beginner December 2010
    kj82 ·
    • Hide content

Hey becci, I feel exactly the same and we have 3 days to go. Im not at all scared about getting married, im stressing the details and it's not healthy!! I agree that you should relax over xmas and spend some quality time with OH. (and i promise you will be fine!)

• tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

I know exactly how you feel. It is really strange I dont doubt that i love OH but I too am over thinking the actual getting married part. In a way I am glad as it means that I am not going into lightly and I am certain that I want to but on the other it is making me worried about something I dont want to be worried about. I read a thread on here a week or so ago about how when you wake up on the day all your worries just disappear as all you are then thinking about is actually getting married. I keep thinking about little things that need doing, I am literally thinking of these all day. I must sound like a mad woman when calling different suppliers etc but I just want everything perfect. When I think about the wedding day I get excited and am really looking forward to the after the ceremony bit - well I always have liked a good party and I am known for always organising good ones. But when I think about the actual ceremony I feel slightly sick. I am telling myself it is excitement rather than anything else!

• TheNinjaPigeon
    Beginner January 2011
    TheNinjaPigeon ·
    • Hide content

I do feel excited as well as petrified. It's weird isn't it. Glad I'm not alone.

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

I'm hoping its normal.. i've got 17 months till our wedding and the Ceremony part fills me with fear, i know ill cry and be soo nervous as i'm walking down the aisle. Thats the only bit i'm worrying about! Goodness knows what ill be like when it comes to the week before! Smiley smile

• TheNinjaPigeon
    Beginner January 2011
    TheNinjaPigeon ·
    • Hide content

Yeah. I suspect I'll cry too. I've invested in good waterproof mascara! I really don't know why I'm suddenly feeling so get up. I've been fine for the last ten months!

• helsbels35
    Beginner
    helsbels35 ·
    • Hide content

You. Are. Not. Alone.! and I am really glad I am not too......

My nervous wobbles come and go, but I know once the new year starts and january,february,march fly by that will be it....!

I agree its not the doubts about the person, its just the reality of marriage seems ever so daunting now.

I couldnt read and run but wanted to reassure you that everyone has them Smiley smile

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I'm having real envy of you girls who are close to the big day. To be honest I never considered a winter wedding because OH wanted a warmer one but seeing all of your plans come together is making me really jealous!

I'm certain that you'll all be fine - I've seen so many "nervous" and "wobbles" posts since i joined in August. I think most people go through it xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics