Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs*W*2B
Beginner August 2014

Anyone ever used a student Videographer/photographer?

Mrs*W*2B, 2 of May of 2014 at 20:45 Posted on Planning 0

It is looking unlikely that we will be able to afford a videographer (saved a couple of hundred only!) but I really want one!!

Has anyone had any experience of hiring a student for any part of their wedding? if so where did you find them, what did you pay (if anything) and were the results good?

We have a professional photographer and the alternative for the video is nobody filming it at all.

Smiley smile

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

Sorry if this isn't 100%helpful. We are having a student tog for our wedding and so far the experience has been really positive. She is the wife of a colleague of my dad so sorry I can't advise you on how to find one.

Perhaps find out which of your local colleges offer photography diplomas etc and contact the tutors.

So far she has been by far the most helpful enthusiastic and communicative of all our suppliers, I cant fault her. She has accompanied pros as second tog at 5 weddings and shot 3 weddings solo. She has sent us examples of her work, both wedding and non wedding and allowed me access to her course portfolio so I can see more of her stuff. She is going with my mum to both the church and reception venue this week to check out the area and work out angles to shoot from and lighting issues (I can't go as im overseas) and she says she will send me her ideas for some good shots to incorporate with my own shoot list.

She's doing 6 hours with us on the day from getting ready to reception and will give us a disk of images one completr set of raw images which we can use and edit as we wish plus a set of edited images. She's doing all that for £150 her only condition is that if we allow her to submit any images she takes either as course work or into competitons. We are fine with that.

Fingerd crossed for great results on the day. I am a bit anxious as she is quite inexperienced but the work I have seen is good enough for me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics