Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Weather Girl
Beginner October 2009

Anyone fancy a living/dining room flash? I need inspiration..

Weather Girl, 22 of January of 2011 at 13:56 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 11

I've got ideas as to how I want to decorate our rooms but I just can't make my mind up. This is our dining room at the moment (sorry for the big picture):

I'd like to have some colour but my head's telling me to keep things neutral.

So, any ideas? What do you have?

11 replies

Latest activity by Flowmojo, 23 of January of 2011 at 20:43
  • BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I went for a light sage colour in my Dining room.. I'm not one for rich colours although now I think my cold dining room (The floor doesn't help) could do with some warming up!

This was before I decorated, it was an off white colour -

And after, a view to the left before we'd got new chairs. I made the shelf as I wanted a long thin one high up to display bits and bobs. Still need to change the lampshade, it came with me from my old house but I refuse to throw it out until it's had it's wear - Cost me nearly £30!

My living room isn't very interesting.. Just cream!

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Oooooooooooo what a lovely room, would love to get my hands on that......

our living room....from xmas time so excuse the mess... i took a panoramic view of it cept theres two walls missing..

looks a bit weird really like that....

anyhooo heres a linky for ya

https://www.idealhome.co.uk/

hope it helps..... our kitchesn big enough to dine it so we dont have a dining room, tho it was on the top of my list when house hunting!

• cola
    Beginner September 2010
    cola ·
    • Hide content

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Please tell me your puppy has stopped growing, cola???

can i have your coffee table/trunk please?????

is that a L-shaped room??

• cola
    Beginner September 2010
    cola ·
    • Hide content

We've gone for a neutral colour on the walls with purple coloured curtains, cusions decorations, although we are going to paper one end of the livingroom to cover up a temporary wall we did whilst waiting for an extension

• cola
    Beginner September 2010
    cola ·
    • Hide content

The "puppy" hasn't quite stopped growing, he's probably not going to get much taller (i hope) , just broader.

The room is an L shaped, with two windows at one end, we knocked the wall between the diningroom and living room down which has made a huge area. You can only have the coffee table if you can lift it and take all the junk i keep tidying away in it!

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

I don't have a photo, but we have one long thin living room/dining room that goes from the front of the house through to the back and has the stairs with open banister and kitched come off from it. We have oak coloured wood effect floor. A brown leather sofa, an old armchair covered with a cream throw. The same cube unit as Teehee (Ikea? Ours is!) a glossy white TV Cabinet. Horrible light wood coffee table I want to throw away! Green and brown cushions that are stripey on one side and spotty on the other. A big green rug. A solid oak square table that will wxtend to rectangle. Fold up Ikea chairs with Green strpey pads on (space saving) White Computer Desk, and going to get the DVD shelves that Teehee has. We have natural colour linen curtains with a green trim at the top. Walls are painted in a creamy white colour, think it's Dulux Timeless, with Dulux Muddy Puddle going up the stairs wall.

Hope that paints a good enough picture!

• Weather Girl
    Beginner October 2009
    Weather Girl ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all. Off to look at that website teehee x

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

I went for green and cream in our lounge, its a large L shaped and heres what we did:

<<<theres big fat floating shelvs on the green wall now!!

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

Green, brown and cream for us

Not the best pic- excuse the OH

• Weather Girl
    Beginner October 2009
    Weather Girl ·
    • Hide content

Like the wallpaper flowmojo. I think we're going to go for neutral Walls with green and plum colours introduced when we do the living room.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

its not fancy stuff either, only b&q own make! u can get it in plum and turquiose too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics