Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

daftgiraffe

Anyone from cornwall (Bude) here?

daftgiraffe, 3 March, 2010 at 12:18 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hiya

Usually post over on baby talk, but as i proposed to my now H2B on Valentines day (I was bored of waiting for him to!) i thought I'd pop over here to ask for some advice and local knowlege, hope you don't mind?

We want to get married in cornwall next summer and have found this wonderfull place at Northcott near Bude, where we could love to take our family for the week and hold the wedding festivites (BBQ and casual party) http://www.uniquehomestays.com/unique/pics.asp?refer=details&id=731

Question's are does anyone know what the beach is like at Northcott, as we would love the party and BBQ to be on the beach if possible, or has anyone seen this place? Is it as good as i think it looks?

One more I've just thought of, any good qualitiy reasturants in Bude, that we could go for the evening, after the beach gets too cold and maybe wet!!? Thought we aught to do at least one civilised part to our 'little' day!

Thanks for looking

DG

5 replies

Latest activity by daftgiraffe, 10 March, 2010 at 11:56
  • GEMINIBEBE
    Beginner August 2010
    GEMINIBEBE ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, no help but just wanted to say hello Im from Devon!! ?

• daftgiraffe
    daftgiraffe ·
    • Hide content

Hiya Gemnibebe, I'd love to live in Devon, it's beautiful!

As it is I live near Nottingham, just a few (hundred) miles from any seaside lol!!!

We only want a very small affair, so just to make it a little more challanging, we decided to get hitched in cornwall, so must now find nice bbq caterer, evening resturant, lush cake maker and perhaps florest down in Bude (or nearby) from all the way up here, without too many trips down there! So any tips or reccomendations from people down that end would be greatly appriciated.

Quick run down of what we'd like;

Stay at the above beautiful house with family (a few other guests can find their own acc!)

ceremony at Bude registry office

back to house for cake and champers

BBQ on beach (weather and tide permitting) or at the house

evening meal somewhere nice

• GEMINIBEBE
    Beginner August 2010
    GEMINIBEBE ·
    • Hide content

Ooops sorry thought you said you were from Cornwall!! ?

Any particular reason for getting wed in Bude?

?

• daftgiraffe
    daftgiraffe ·
    • Hide content

No worries ;-)

Not any real poignent reason, just that the holiday house we found that would accomodate everyone and looks beautiful is there!

x

• T
    theultimateweekend ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I live in Bude, in fact I own a company in Bude that might be of interest. http://www.theultimateweekend.co.uk We are able to offer everything you are looking for. The only difference is that the accommodation is slightly different to what you are looking for and we tend to cater for weekends only.

I know the house at Northcott very well as the owner is a good friend of mine and we sometimes use this accommodation for those who wish to do our activities but prefer self catering. The house sleeps 17 and is set in lovely gardens and has lots of open space around it. The beach (Northcott) is approx 1 mile from the house and is walkable. When the tide is high the beach is stone, at low tide there are good sand stretches.

The best beaches are in Bude itself with Summerleaze and Crooklets being the main sandy beaches. Summerleaze is sandy no matter where the tide is, and can be seem from our accommodation as it is 200yrds away. To be honest it is probably only 1 1/2 miles to Crooklets and this might be considered as well.

A good quality restaurant with great views is "Lifes A Beach" https://lifesabeach.info/

The restaurant is set on the cliff side on Summerleaze beach and overlooks the beach, sand and sea. Fantastic sunsets and you are literally on the beach! It is mostly a fish restaurant but has an extensive menu with a variety of other foods. I love to eat there and so does my wife. We were last ther 2 weeks ago if this helps!

Good luck, if there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me. The best e-mail address is *****@******************.**.**

Best regards,

Darron.

• daftgiraffe
    daftgiraffe ·
    • Hide content

Darron Hi!

What a strange piece of coincidence! I'm off to look at your website now! Thank you for all the info, you are so helpful, and its nice to have a good reccomendation for the house we have been looking. the resturant you suggest sounds perfect.

OOhhhh all excited now

thanks again

DG

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics