Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2010

Anyone get anywhere with CAPRI SKIES and DEBENHAMS wedding insurance????

saxonrain, 2 February, 2010 at 19:24 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi all,

I am still trying to get my 1000 pounds back from the fiasco at capri skies last year.Has anyone been sucessful in a claim to debenhams wedding insurance yet?I was told to wait until she was made bankrupt but this is not going to happen.I am now starting a new claim including an email sent by Kahlua Cameron quoting the company has closed.She was originally being helpful and offered to write to the insurance but now she can't be arsed and all i got a rubbish handful of lines.I am hoping they will accept this as proof.it is getting beyond a joke!!!Most of money paid was cash so we are not protected so it needs to be an insurance claim.Gutted.

How did anyone else get on with insurance???

x-x-x

3 replies

Latest activity by saxonrain, 2 February, 2010 at 20:17
  • Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

You are right that CS didn't go bankrupt. What are Debenhams saying? I know people who have successfully claimed and got their money back but I think it was from the credit card companies so really have no idea about Debenhams.

Have you sought legal advice from either a solicitor, trading standards or citizens advice bureau?

It's a f**king joke that Kahlua is now trading again and don't even get me started on the Manager and the employees within the shop.

• S
    Beginner August 2010
    saxonrain ·
    • Hide content

I am ringing back tomorrow to talk through the claim in detail.They basically have been saying that all claims are being rejected due to lack of proof of bankruptcy so advsed me not to claim until this was proved.

Thing is they'll now i bet theyll say its been so long so i have to claim before the policy ends so I am going at it now with angle that regardless of bankruptcy the company was unable to fulfill the order end of!They had not even ordered the dress even tho i had paid in full 8 months before they closed.

Its like shes now not accepting any responsibility even tho she appeared helpful to start.All forums seem to have stopped talking about it like people have given up.I agree the fact she is trading again in mearns makes me want to pop round there and tell her a few things.Regardless of whether it was her,the staff or whatever she is bloomin well trading again,hardly bankrupt but can't fullfil orders or refunds!Its madness.

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

It isn't in her interest now to be helpful. The case was thrown out of court from what I've heard so she doesn't need to speak to customers to get and get proof that Karen Boyd ruined CS.

It's very common practice for shops to close but the owner open up under a different name and it's disgusting that the law allows people to do it. I'd just glad I never have to deal with Karen Boyd again because I do hold her responsible.

I think you may as well try to claim now before the policy runs out. I really hope you get your money back soon.

• S
    Beginner August 2010
    saxonrain ·
    • Hide content

Hope so too.

And that explains her change in attitiude then!Cheers x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics