Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner June 2015

Anyone get married at Lillibrook Manor, Monks Barn or Saxons Barn, Berkshire

Mrsgilltobe, 3 of November of 2013 at 09:56 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi

These three have made my shortlist but I just can't make up my mind, I wondered if anyone had been married at any of these and could offer some insight, how was it, what did you like, what didn't you like etc??

Thanks ! xx

7 replies

Latest activity by Ruby_nem, 9 of May of 2014 at 12:00
  • Bride2Bmarch15
    Beginner March 2015
    Bride2Bmarch15 ·
    • Hide content

I've seen them all on the net as I live nearby I like the lillibrook manor very pretty and two separate rooms to get married and dine . I know they at they all want music to stop at 11 ish tho that's why another reason I left that

• P
    Beginner April 2014
    pbn ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I'm getting married at Lillibrooke next April and we also looked at Monk's barn. What swung it to Lillibrooke for us was the amount of space available and also that we'd just have to organise so much more ourselves at Monk's.

The only thing I'd say about Lillibrooke is that the management has changed slightly and you now have to use their in house caterer, who are fairly helpful but it depends how much freedom you wanted on this.

The other thing that put us off Monk's barn was that it seemed very dark and there were a lot of restrictions: ie. not opening the barn doors after a certain time, parking issues, I'm sure there was something about only having a DJ and not live music?? Having to potentially turn the space around from ceremony to evening reception etc

If you want to know anything else about Lillibrooke just ask! Haven't actually had my wedding yet but I'm doing an awful lot of planning at the mo so might be able to help Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner June 2015
    Mrsgilltobe ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Thanks so much for the replies, we are going to book Lillibrook, it has the wow factor. I am not overly keen that I only have a choice of one caterer but I don't have much choice.PBN I have loads of questions, were you able to negotiate on anything, did you go for one of the set menus or a create your own? How do you find the event staff, I find the person who answers emails a little vague so wonder of I should be worried? Any hints or tips, PM me if you prefer, thanks so much !!

xx

• P
    Beginner April 2014
    pbn ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

I've sent you a pm!!

Smiley smile

• cosmictrout
    Beginner August 2014
    cosmictrout ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Totally crashing this thread, sorry.

We've just provisionally booked at Lillibrooke for 12 September - so if there are any hints/tips/words of wisdom going please feel free to throw them my way as well!

Julie

• P
    Beginner April 2014
    pbn ·
    • Hide content

Hi Julie! Can't tell you much at the moment but can update you in approx. 70 days.... Smiley smile

• cosmictrout
    Beginner August 2014
    cosmictrout ·
    • Hide content

Great, thanks! Good luck!

• R
    Beginner September 2014
    Ruby_nem ·
    • Hide content

PBN! Please can you help me? I'm getting married there this year. Issues I've had so far is that the catering has come in higher than expected. Key things to note are that I don't have any alcohol at mine (some of my family are from muslim backgrounds so we've decided to keep the bar open for our guests and we'll put a spend behind there if they choose to get there own drinks).

So, no alcohol and they haven't budged on price per head... But it's too far gone as I've put deposits down, invites out etc Smiley sad

Lastly... boy do they take long to reply! I'm not finding Ambassador very responsive. I'll email on important points and get a reply a week and a half later, and even that's vague!

Any tips, pointers - suggestions you can throw my way? Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics