Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Curious September 2022 Kent

Anyone getting married in Malta?

Emily, 8 of May of 2021 at 07:37 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 8
Anyone getting married in Malta? Was supposed to get married in Malta last may. Then we changed it to last October and then it got changed again to this July! Malta hasn’t been put on the green list even thought there was lots of reports they would be! So don’t know what to do!

8 replies

Latest activity by Peter, 19 of July of 2021 at 21:24
  • Maria
    Savvy December 2021 South East London
    Maria ·
    • Hide content
    Hey, not getting married in Malta but a friend of mine is a wedding planner in Malta and they have been told to plan as if all destination summer weddings onwards are going ahead, I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets added very soon! Don’t panic just yet!
  • O
    Beginner August 2020 South East London
    Orangeroses ·
    • Hide content
    Hi, I’m getting married in Malta but in August, postponed from last August. I was quite surprised Malta wasn’t on the green list also, we were ready to send an email to our guests on Friday and everything. I’m hoping it will get added later. My fiancé and I are giving it until mid-June to make our final decision.

I can understand how tough it would be for you, especially considering there isn’t a lot of time to plan between now and July. I do think Malta will be added to the list eventually, especially as the UK is on Malta’s ambers list and with Malta’s vaccination programme going well. Fingers crossed that they are added just in time for your wedding.
  • E
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi,
    What do you think about the restrictions around weddings? To me it won’t feel like a wedding and may have to postpone again!
  • E
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi that’s good! I’m just concerned around the restrictions which are in place.
  • O
    Orangeroses ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi, the restrictions are annoying! It pretty much means no party and what’s a wedding without a party! We’re hoping they’ll change this as they lift restrictions. The party is one of the most important things to us, so it’s a big negative. We don’t want to postpone to next year, but at the same time we’re not sure if it will be worth going ahead, as there’s so many things that could potentially go wrong. We may just end up doing something small in the UK, if we choose not to go ahead.
  • E
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi,
    Yes unfortunately for us we are looking to change it again. Like you say too many restrictions in place and basically can not do anything! I don’t except people to come all that way and not be able to move around and chat to people. I do wonder though if the way it’s going would restrictions be lifted in a couple of months? They seem to be a month or two behind the UK with easing restrictions
  • O
    Orangeroses ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah it’s really hard to say whether Malta will lift some of their restrictions, but their restrictions don’t really seem practical to me. 300 people can attend an outdoor wedding but no one is allowed to move around, I don’t know how that works in reality.
  • P
    Beginner August 2021 Lincolnshire
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married in august 28. Will be only about 20 people, so I hope that won't be any problems having a party. https://cool.mt/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics