Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner

Anyone getting married on a bank holiday Monday?

MissusG2b, 25 June, 2011 at 22:59 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi everyone, I got engaged last year but am only just getting round to looking at venues! I know, I know! Shameful. Anyway, I think I have found 'the one' but Saturdays in summer are pretty much all gone for next year and my only real options are the Friday before the bank holiday in August or the bank holiday Monday. We'd much prefer the Friday but the Monday is 2k cheaper! So...I was just wondering if anyone out there is getting married on the bank holiday Monday this year and whether they'd had any problems with suppliers etc. Also, if there's anyone out there who has had a bank holiday Monday wedding could you let me know how it went? Were people happy to take the Tuesday off work or did you get lots of people leaving early?

Would really appreciate any thoughts/advice on this. Thanks.

1 replies

Latest activity by queenofspain, 26 June, 2011 at 07:15
  • L
    Beginner January 2012
    la1510 ·
    • Hide content

I haven't been in either situation but I'd be happy to take the day off. It would also depend on how close the venue was as if it were local people may not need to leave that early even if they are at work the next day.

I wouldn't imagin there would be too much trouble as weddings are pretty much a 24/7 event now so I would expect suppliers would be fine for a bank holiday wedding. Personally I would take the Friday but it would depend on money- if doing so will make you have to scrimp,save and go without other things defo take the Monday option

• queenofspain
    Beginner December 2011
    queenofspain ·
    • Hide content

We get married on a bank holiday. The registrar doubled the price you normally pay. This had cost us 500. But some areas are more expensive. Maybe you could find out how much it is for your day?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics