Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsWill2b
Beginner March 2013

Anyone getting married on the 13th of any month?

MrsWill2b, 11 of February of 2011 at 17:18 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi I'm going to view a venue on Monday and the only date they have available in August is the 13th. Why is that? Is anyone, has anyone got married on the 13th?

Just interested ?

10 replies

Latest activity by Noodle2Be, 12 of February of 2011 at 11:36
  • E
    Beginner August 2012
    eliz9390 ·
    • Hide content

I'm really (stupidly) superstitious and avoid anything to do with 13....but I really don't have any reason to! I don't know why the 13th would be the only available date? Other superstitious brides? I've even gone against the idea of getting married in the year 2013! I need someone to have a stern word with me!! x

• Twickers
    Beginner March 2011
    Twickers ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't get married on the 13th - but then I am also stupidly superstitious!

However, my nanny and grandad got married on the 13th and 53 years later are still the most happily married couple I know...

I say if it doesn't bother you and you like the venue then go for it!

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married on 13th august and i am supersititious about some things magpies, friday 13th, but it is a saturday!!!

13 is just a number i don't have a lucky number so i don't have an unlucky number either

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sammy_wheeler ·
    • Hide content

My mum and dad got married on friday 13th- granted they got divorced- but they were married for 19 years

• Rebecca86
    Beginner July 2012
    Rebecca86 ·
    • Hide content

I'm the same, out wedding is on Saturday 14th july next year but i'll have to travel on the friday as i'm staying at the venue overnight i'm so worried i'll get phone calls saying something bad has happened flowers are ruined or something silly like that lol

• joannexyx
    Beginner July 2013
    joannexyx ·
    • Hide content

I was going to but it was fully booked.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The only date my venue had available in the entire summer was 18th June. Have heard subsequently that it's a fairly popular date (by my seamstress, caterers etc) so it must have just been one of those things! Doubt your venue being available is anything to do with it being the 13th to be honest... it would never have even crossed my mind. Smiley smile

• paddyandlin
    Beginner May 2011
    paddyandlin ·
    • Hide content

I am a Friday 13th May bride after all the health issues my OH has/had and other things that happened we thought we would go for that date and laugh in the face of bad luck lol

• Lauren25
    Beginner July 2011
    Lauren25 ·
    • Hide content

My wedding is on the 7th but everything I had booked or ordered (venue, dress, make up/hair trial) seems to have been on the 13th,it seems to just crop up without me even knowing and then I go "oh thats the 13th again"! Im quite superstitious too but it seems that actually the number 13 is quite a good number for me.. I suppose its not bad luck for everyone?

• N
    Beginner August 2011
    Noodle2Be ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married on 13th August, I'm not worried about it, as its the day before our 3.5 year anniversary - we celebrate these things as our actual anniversary is my birthday and valentines day!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics