Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner January 2008

Anyone given up chocolate for lent ???

niche79, 15 February, 2013 at 12:30 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 12

As the title says, has anyone ?

I have decided to give up chocolate and crisps. However, by chocolate I mean actual chocolate, in its proper form, like a bar of dairy milk.

So, I would not eat a mini roll, as this has actual chocolate on it, but I would drink an options hot chocolate as this is only chocolate flavoured. My friend is doing it with me and thinks we should be giving up anything chocolate related.

So for those of you that are doing it too, how strict are you being about it ?

12 replies

Latest activity by 1234ABC, 15 February, 2013 at 14:22
  • Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

No, but I have given up the Daily Fail Sidebar of Shame!

• Rosco298
    Beginner February 2014
    Rosco298 ·
    • Hide content

I have given up chocolate in all forms for chocolate flavoured things or biscuits with chocolate in them. I don't know what you should do as I think it's up to you to decide.

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

No.... Lol

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

It's true. Sunday is a feast day in the church so forbidden fruit chocolate is allowed. If you count the 40 days of Lent Sundays are not included.

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is very impressive Storky, I am not sure I could do that for 40 days !!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Shhhhh, don't tell me that! If I peak at the DFSOS, I know I'll be sucked back in foreverrrrrrrr.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a right swizz!

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

As much as this should make me very happy, I do think that if I allowed myself to have it on a Sunday I would fall off the wagon completely once I got the taste for it back so I might have to just pretend I didn't know this !

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah, Footlong, you have made me feel guilty, I need to be giving it all up don't I ???!!! ? On the plus side, it is all good for my holiday diet, and if I can do it for 40 days surely I can do it right up until July

• LilMissBusyBride
    Beginner August 2013
    LilMissBusyBride ·
    • Hide content

Me. Im doing same as you...hot choc allowed! But I got tipsy at our V Day meal last night and ate the chocolate that came with our bill without thinking about it. Had a huge shocked face when I realised! Went to spit it our but couldn't exactly put it into the cloth napkin for anyone else to find. Im ignoring that one as I wasn't in a proper state of mind! It did taste amazning...probably because it was the first time I'd gone 48 hrs with no chocolate!

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

I did lent the last few years and gave up

- Chocolate (in all it's forms)
    - Biscuits
    - Crisps
    - Cakes
    - Fizzy Juice

Because my birthday falls during lent every year, we made 2 allowances. 1. Birthday cake was ok and 2. You could have fizzy juice if it was used as a mixer, but only on my birthday. - and Soda water didn't count as fizzy.
    - And we didn't have Sunday's off - just to make things a little bit different.

I'm not doing lent this year because i'm pregnant (lame excuse i know, but it's true) but i'm going to do a reduce my carbon footprint pledge in work to make up for it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics