Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

cantwait2bMrsC
Beginner

Anyone got a mobile phone on 3 network?

cantwait2bMrsC, 14 August, 2009 at 17:31 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 7

What's it like? I've googled and only come up with terrible reviews for how poor their coverage is, being cut off mid-way through calls and terrible customer service. But the phone i want is on a contract with them that can't be beaten. I've been with o2 for about 8yrs and have no problem but the same phone with them is on a more expensive contract, less minutes/texts/internet included and i'd have to pay an extra £50 for the handset! I've asked them to match the price 3 is offering but they won't ? I've ordered a v.cheap 3 PAYG sim, just so i can check the coverage in my area but don't want to commit to an 18month contract with them if they are as bad as i've read.

Anyone got any experiences of them? Thanks ?

7 replies

Latest activity by memedoaky, 15 August, 2009 at 02:53
  • Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

Not personally, but I have a couple of friends who had phones on 3. They had no end of problems. Crap coverage, even worse customer service. I've been warned off!

Have you seen Alan Carr talking about his 3 mobile? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUZ5z_vrtzs Start at 1.25 then once he moves on skip to 8.57

• JK
    Beginner February 2007
    JK ·
    • Hide content

I have 3, as has my best friend. I've been on it about 3 years now. I have Skype, which costs me nothing in cash or minutes, and 800 minutes/texts a month for about 20 quid. Coverage is actually very good, but the drop out thing can be annoying. Customer support is, indeed, hopeless.

That said, I though Vodaphone and Virgin were cobblers too. If they're all rubbish, at least 3 is cheap rubbish.......

• Mrs Cee
    Beginner
    Mrs Cee ·
    • Hide content

I'm with 3 and have been for 2 years and haven't had any problems, I can usually get coverage when Mr Cee who is on Orange can't. I only pay £15 a month which is ideal for me. When my phone had a problem with the software they sent a courier for it to be collected and fix in 5 days and I got it back in full working order. In my opinion they are the cheapest for me and have been good.

• Spamboule
    Beginner October 2008
    Spamboule ·
    • Hide content

I am on 3 and have had no problems. My coverage is pretty good, especially in Europe

However, their call centres are in India and are a nightmare to deal with. When I originally wanted to transfer my number from Vodafone, I needed to give 3 a code, and they couldn't understand what letters I was spelling out (V for Victoria etc) so wanted to terminate the phone call rather than find someone who could understand my home counties accent.

I do prefer call centres in the UK

• Beans
    Beginner
    Beans ·
    • Hide content

Both my H and myself have just ended our contracts, as has my friend and her H. Their customer services is THE WORST, coverage was fine but if you had even the slightest problem it meant holding for at least 40 minutes then speaking to someone who was not allowed to deviate from their script. Very frustrating, I would rather pay the extra. You get what you pay for after all. I'm back with O2 now.

• Beans
    Beginner
    Beans ·
    • Hide content

? just watched alan carr

• QueenBee
    Beginner November 2008
    QueenBee ·
    • Hide content

I've been on 3 for about 3 years. I live in scotland and have no problems with coverage. I get more signal than my oh with O2.

I have used it in hawaii, new york, portugal, northern ireland, london and i've never had a problem at all. I've not had any dealings with the indian call centre as i've never had any reason to call them, most things can be checked from your handset and just go into a 3 store if you have any problems.

my contract is paid by work but is only £25 a month and i get loads for that, its great for the free skype too. My only gripe is that they don't have a lot of handsets to choose from at upgrade time compared with other companies however they usually have the top ones available.

• memedoaky
    Beginner September 2008
    memedoaky ·
    • Hide content

Both H and I are with 3 have been since they launched.

We have no problems with them and have just recently got mobile broadband with them too and again no problems at all.

Yes I admit their customer service is woeful but only because the agents have very stong accents which can at times be very difficult to understand them but they are always polite and try to be helpful. However that said I rarely have the need to call them so my experience with the customer service side of things may be quite weak.

Luv Victoria

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics