Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner

Anyone got any idea for a secret chelsea fc reception

MrsVoak2b, 17 January, 2010 at 21:14 Posted on Planning 0 10

HI my h2b is a huge Chelsea supporter and i want to suprise him on the day with a Chelsea FC themed reception but not sure what to do, have asked people for advice and all i get is colour blue, well as you know there is more then just colour to a reception so anyone got any good ideas, going to have a Chelsea fc table plan and name tables after the players but other then this I dont no what else to do, anyone got any ideas big or little would really appreciate them ?

10 replies

Latest activity by Peter, 17 January, 2010 at 22:24
  • Kim31
    Kim31 ·
    • Hide content

Hello

Have you looked at the chelsea store? I know they do a chelsea garter! Other ideas could be some sort of football cake or cake topper. Perhaps some Table trivia about football.

HTH

Kim x

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

You could try an incorporate some general football things with the emphasis on chelsea...

Your table plan could look like the pitch with the tables where the players would be, could even make the background out of some sort of astroturf!

Table centrepieces could be Chelsea footballs placed at the top of vases... could fill them with blue coloured water?

You could have a Fantasy Football league type game going on throughout the evening although not sure how that would work exactly... need to think about this...

Chelsea themed cake (ignore the flags you get the idea!)

Football themed favours

I'll keep thinking...................................

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Oooooh a present (for him but for you..?!) for the next day - a female Chelsea shirt for you with your new married name on the back!!!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

There is a shop in he new Westfield centre that sells classical photography. They have an absolutely fantastic shot of Stamford Bridge taken around 1912 with fans pouring towards the gate. The detail is amazing and shows football in a more raw age. I am an Man Utd supporter, although "almost " want a copy of that print on my wall. IMO this would make a fantastic present for him.......

Peter

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Or even have a photoshoot of you wearing a Chelsea shirt!!!!!

Peter

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooooh seen some of those, that would be cool.......

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Just located this which is of a similar vein to that which I mentioned....although the version I saw showed about another third image size below what is shown here....this shows the supporters streaming towards the stadium....

down to about here..............which shows the queuing at the turnstiles as well...............................................................................

• M
    Beginner
    MrsVoak2b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the ideas guys, peter where are you getting these photos from? searched the internet for the shopping centre that you said about but cant find the shop!!! Oh and i'm a tottenham fan so absolutely no chance of seeing me in a chelsea top!! love my h2b loads and loads hence the suprise but not enough to wear a shirt!!! lol

• laineywhu
    Beginner July 2010
    laineywhu ·
    • Hide content

Were having a west ham themed wedding. Our bridesmaid dresses are claret & blue and the guys are wearing claret or blue waistcoats. Were having mini shirts as table centre pieces with players names on, we have got claret and blue organza ribbon for the chair covers, we have also got a bubble machine, I know its the wrong colour for you but I hope this gives you some ideas!

• bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm loving this idea. This has got me thinking.................

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can check out the store on Wednesday when I am next at Westfield....happy to report back. I was really impressed with the print to be honest as it shows much more than is on the image I posted....If I recall correctly its a couple of hundred pounds...although still worth it.

I may also be able to arrange something else for your OH.......as the hitched email system rarely works, message me through my website with your email address and I may be able to get him something special......(I promise you that this isn't spam or me trying to sell you my photography)

FWIW I once did a wedding where the groom was a Spurs fan and the best man an Arsenal fan......the bride wore a garter from each team on each leg!!!!?

Peter

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics