Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Little fluff
Beginner September 2011

Anyone got their dress from yourbridalwear.com??

Little fluff, 25 January, 2010 at 09:57 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hi all,

The question is in the title.... has anyone used yourbridalwear.com?? They have very good priced Maggie copies, just wondering if its worth the risk??

Thanks

14 replies

Latest activity by LucyParkinson, 8 August, 2012 at 21:15
  • GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Not ordered from them but have ordered from a similar place (Landy Bridal) and was very impressed!! My dress is georgeous and I love it. My seamstress saw it on Saturday and she said the fabric would cost about £10 per metre and there was at least 6 metres of fabric in it so about £60's worth. It only cost me £155 including speedy shipping.

I would recommend Landy but i'm afraid they don't do Maggie dresses.

I was lucky in that I took the risk of ordering it but had an emergency contingency fund which could be used to buy the real thing if needed so was able to take a risk. I'd definitley order from them again though.

• Little fluff
    Beginner September 2011
    Little fluff ·
    • Hide content

I'm thinking i might as well risk it because the dress is only £160 so if it turns out to be rubbish its not a major loss but if i love it then it will have saved me £850.

• Broody_wife
    Beginner
    Broody_wife ·
    • Hide content

I contemplated buying my maggie from there, but decided not to risk it. Will be using them for BMs dresses so let me know how yours turns out!!!

Lxx

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

I did! I had a copy of Maggies 'Carrie' and I LOVE it! Its better than any dress I tried on in the shop and only cost £160. I think it took about 5/6 weeks from ordering to be delivered, and the lady was very helpful via email, although her english wasnt the best but she was still easy to understand.

I say go for it, I absolutely love my dress.

• Little fluff
    Beginner September 2011
    Little fluff ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much for letting me know moonpig, wedding isn't till next year but may order anyway and have it altered if needed as i will only be getting smaller closer to the big day, not larger.

I'm excited now?

• Little fluff
    Beginner September 2011
    Little fluff ·
    • Hide content

Bailey Wailey.... do you know if the bridesmaids dresses on there are their own design or are they copy of others also?

I have seen a nice bridesmaids dress on there also but not the best pic. I would need to see a better pic before considering ordering it. Just wondered if i could see it on designers website if it was another copy.

• caslass
    Beginner April 2010
    caslass ·
    • Hide content

Hi can i ask is that the web site address as i am having problems with my wedding dress and looks like i am looking for a new wedding dress

• Little fluff
    Beginner September 2011
    Little fluff ·
    • Hide content

Yeh it is www.yourbridalwear.com

Carrie you ate just down the road from me... where you getting married?

• Steelgoddess
    Beginner June 2010
    Steelgoddess ·
    • Hide content

Its in the title hon Smiley smile

http://www.yourbridalwear.com/

Thanks girlies! I might have a butchers too!!

xxxxx

• caslass
    Beginner April 2010
    caslass ·
    • Hide content

Hi im from castleford i get married in april so getting stressed now about the dress situation when you getting wed??

• Little fluff
    Beginner September 2011
    Little fluff ·
    • Hide content

I work in Ferrybridge. I don't get married till next year so no great panic for me, just impatient and excited.

• L
    Beginner February 2011
    Lucy137 ·
    • Hide content

Had a look on this website and am very impressed, especially with the prices! They copy the maggie dress i really like, but can't afford... is it worth the risk???

• L
    Beginner September 2011
    LucyParkinson ·
    • Hide content

Hi - just posted on another thread re yourbridalwear but just seen this one is more recent. I felt the same way and did loads of research on various places ordering online and yourbridalwear and landy came up best. Anyway went with YBW and am SO glad i did, couldnt afford to add an extra £1000 to my budget just on dress. Also liked a maggie copy they did so decided to go for it.

Asked for colour samples which they sent before placing my order. Placed my order, sent email with measurements as was having it custom made (I'm too short for standard lenghts - only 5'1''). I added a few centimetres onto the lenght just in case. I asked for confirmation they had received my order and measurements email and got one back a day later. Dress came within the 6 weeks as promised and is PERFECT, admittedly a few cm too long, but that's how i ordered it!

I genuinely cant find any difference in quality between it and the many i tried on in the shops, sizing is perfect, beading is perfect. So so glad i didnt pay the crazy shop prices. my one from yourbridalwear was only £165.00 and same dress in shops around £900. ?. PM me if you have any questions, and if i figure out how to post a pic i'll do it this weekend.

• B
    Beginner December 2012
    bride in dec ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lucy,

You got your dress from yourbridalwear.com??

Can you please send me an email on ***************@*******.***, I have a few questions for you.

• L
    Beginner September 2011
    LucyParkinson ·
    • Hide content

Hi -yes i did - what would you like to know??

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics