Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

daisymoo86
Beginner July 2016

Anyone got their invites from Hobby Craft?

daisymoo86, 2 of July of 2014 at 12:56 Posted on Planning 0 13

Im just looking online at Hobby Craft and am thinking of getting their A5 Ivory Love Heart Laser Cut invites.

I was going to incorporate my colour into them by adding gemstones into the laser cut hearts and a ribbon down the opposite site with a bow.

Anyone done a similar thing with items from hobby craft?

13 replies

Latest activity by daisymoo86, 4 of July of 2014 at 09:00
    Beginner March 2015
    *Mrs*T*to*Be ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I had magnets printed for my save the dates and used cards and envelopes from Hobby Craft, I'm really pleased with them.

A lot of the stuff they have is really nice.

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

Yep, I got mine from hobby craft and all the bits to go with it, loved it and it was relatively easy once I got the hang of it.

If you are not on their mailing list join it before you go and you will get a discount voucher.

• emjjarvy
    Beginner September 2014
    emjjarvy ·
    • Hide content

I got quite a few crafty bits from hobby craft (I can easily spend an hr wandering around there!) but actually found the card blanks much cheaper on ebay/amazon. Is a bit of a risk though as you never know what the quality will be like as you can't prod them about beforehand!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I would recommend PDA Card and Craft for invitations - far cheaper than Hobbycraft who are really overpriced imo!

Their customer service is excellent and you can order sample packs and singles to check quality and colours.

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

Think it depends what you get, I got 100, 5 x 7 scalloped edge plain white unfolded cards with envelopes for 14. They weren't in the wedding section, but what we wanted, some of the blank cards marked as wedding were a lot more.

The best option is to look around and find what you are looking for at the best price

• P
    Beginner August 2014
    phwoggy ·
    • Hide content

It sounds like you want the same ones I used, I used the A5 for evening invitations and the bigger square ones for day invitations. I stuck pink ribbon next to the cut bit and made a 'bow' by looping ribbon. I'll attempt to put up a picture! I also printed the information onto paler pink paper so you can see it through the cut bits. I'm really happy with them.

• D
    Beginner
    DIYWeddingBee ·
    • Hide content

Hi daisymoo86,

I didn't see these invites until after we had ordered ours but when I saw them, I instantly wished I had got to this earlier! What a fantastic idea, especially incorporating your colour scheme!

The possibilities are endless and I would encourage you to go ahead with your DIY invites and then post your results online so we can all get inspired ?

xx

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Ok this was a very quick attempt with them last night...

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

And for some reason the picture is the wrong way round, but you get the jist!

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

They look fab. You putting anything else on the front or leaving it as it is?

(by the way, I saw this originally on my phone and the phot was the right way up, how very odd, ha)

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Smiley smile I'm not sure. I want to keep them simple, and on the inside the wording will be printed on lilac inserts. I might get a shape cutter and cut a small heart out at the top centre to see what that looks like. I could then always but gems around that shape too.

• D
    Beginner
    DIYWeddingBee ·
    • Hide content

They look amazing! Well done ?

Love the delicate finishing touches. How long did one take? Do you think it will take you ages to do all your invites?

x

• H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content

They're beautiful, well done you xxx

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

It literally took about 2 mins to create that one. But that is without the wording insert. And I would probably take more care with ones that are actually going out.

I have 70 to make so am hopeful that they wont take too long!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics