Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Random Name

Anyone got their invites from Vistaprint?

Random Name, 9 of April of 2011 at 08:06 Posted on Planning 0 17

Morning all

Has anyone got their invites from Vistaprint?

I am going to order some free ones just to see what they are like but wondered if people were happy with theirs?

Have you written your guests name on the invite? If so what finish did you go for? Also how are you keeping the invite, rsvp all together? I was originally thinking about pocketfold style invitations as they keep everything all together.

Thanks in advance

Oh and flashes most welcomed ?

17 replies

Latest activity by Angelika, 12 of April of 2011 at 12:23
  • fluffymalone
    Beginner May 2011
    fluffymalone ·
    • Hide content

I did!! and very happy with them.

Our guest have all said how nice they are too.

I went for somehting simple, just one card no guest names (wrote them on the envelopes) and no rsvp's, as working to a budget. But the added bonus to that is we are getting some lovely acceptance cards to go in the memory box lol

I would recemmend the linen finsh as it gives the invites a more professional look and had full colour back printed. I also just blinged them up a bit. The colour doesnt show true on the pics, they are alot nicer irl.

Day

Night

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

They look lovely! Are the day invites about A4 size?

Thank you

• fluffymalone
    Beginner May 2011
    fluffymalone ·
    • Hide content

Thank you my lovely.

No there not A4 size they are prob half that size.

They measure 8 and a half inches by 5 and a half inches

hth

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

It def does. Thank you ?

• fluffymalone
    Beginner May 2011
    fluffymalone ·
    • Hide content

Got free save the date magnets from them too

sorry small pic

xx

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

*goes on vistaprint to check out their freebies

• Fleur10
    Beginner June 2011
    Fleur10 ·
    • Hide content

We used Vistaprint and were very happy with our day and evening invites, we customised them ourselves and had the linen finish. We were able to write peoples names on them no problem. The only downside I would say is that their postage charges are very high unless you have the slow delivery option, so make sure you order them in plenty of time. Smiley smile

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

I just saw that you can get a free pen.

Could be a nice idea to use the wording available on it to say:

So & So's Wedding Day

10th September 2011

etc... and use it for the guestbook maybe?

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you

I dont get married until next year so will make sure I order with ample notice. Are you having RSVP's how have you kept them together? (if that makes sense) I dont just want to put them all in an envelope as I would like some way them together. Am thining maybe hole punch top corner and put a silver ring over it then use some ribbon or something.

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

Have just ordered 10 invites for a nice £2.80! Have ordered matt just so I can get an idea of the size etc then when I'm ready to place the proper order will go for Linen

Will flash when they arrive

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

I used Vista print for ours - I got them fully printed then just wrote the names on afterwards.

We did a postcard style as we got married abroad, so we got their postcards - were dead effective. x

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

We used Vistaprint for our day and evening and our thank you cards! we were really happy with the results. we had a linen fisnish and we got the matching envelopes!

I cna flash when i get home later!

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

I've just ordered 100 postcards to use instead of a guestbook, we'll put them in a postcard collectors book. Cost abot £3 for P&P, postcard were free. Will flash when they arrive.

But I got some business cards form the a while back - fantastic quality and you really do get what you see on the screen.

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

Thanks. Look forward to the flash

I have got lots of things from Vistaprint before. I also have the postcards and going to ask people to write on these so we can put in a guest book. Am hoping the invitations are nice so that I can use them and save myself some more money

Did you do RSVP’s Mrs Bass? Did you just put them all in an envelope together?

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

Which option do you have to pick to make sure you don't get Vistaprint written on it anywhere? I'd probably just stick some kind of sticker over the top if it was there, but it'd be better if I didn't have to!

I'm definitely going to use VP to order my invitations - OH's sister is a graphic designer so she's designing our stationery for us, I just have to get them printer.

Another question (sorry to hijack!) - when I had a trial run, I couldn't work out how to customise the inside of my invitation - is this possible or would I just have to print the inserts myself?

Cheers......will keep an eye on this thread for further flashes ?

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Most things don't have Vistaprint printed on them. With the postcards, they say www.vistaprint.co.uk but you can just click on the text box and delete it... nice and simple!

• P
    Beginner December 2011
    Pamphers ·
    • Hide content

We are ordering ours from Vistaprint too! Not bothering with RSVP card and putting email addresses on the invites so people can email response if they would like! Address is on there too for anyone that wants to send wedding acceptance card but I think most will email and this will be easier to track and keep a record of who has replied! I have ordered 10 of each as they were free and will order the rest very soon! The envelopes for ours are quite small so not a lot else can go in! Am doing an A4 sheet with details on and directions and popping that in!x

• A
    Beginner
    Angelika ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I didn't order my invites from VP, but ordered them from Zazzle, which is similar. I went for the linen finish and it looked really great and professional. We ordered flat-style invites. To answer your question about how to keep the RSVP insert together with the invite, with mine, I adapted the invites a bit and tied ribbons (bought from Hobbycraft) around each invite which helped to keep the information sheet and John Lewis gift list card together with the invite. So that might be an idea you could use, depending on the style of your invites and whether it would work with your design. Like others on here, I did not go for RSVP cards myself to cut down on the overall cost (it would have doubled the cost of the invites) and have just left it to guests to either send an acceptance card or to e-mail. Most have e-mailed back, but we have also had some lovely acceptance cards. Good luck with your wedding prep and please flash your invitations once you have them!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics