Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2010

Anyone had a fake bake spray tan before? **** UPDATE****

meggles24, 27 May, 2010 at 19:49 Posted on Planning 0 18

Was tempted to get a trial one before the big day- that way i can decide if i think it will look right for the big day or not!

Anyone had one of these before? What were your experiences?

The girl that i know says they wouldnt run off too much (except maybe the inside of the corset of the dress) and that it would last quite long..

Anyone offer any pearls of wisdom or have any pics?>

M x

18 replies

Latest activity by LooseLadie, 1 June, 2010 at 11:45
  • kenzie3
    Dedicated August 2023
    kenzie3 ·
    • Hide content

I would suggest having it 2 days b4 your wedding, and do have a trial i did like it has didnt like how my hands looked, but it may be diffrent for you.

• M
    Beginner July 2010
    meggles24 ·
    • Hide content

Cheeky bounce! ?

• Mrs_M_2b
    Beginner July 2012
    Mrs_M_2b ·
    • Hide content

I got a fake tan done but the lady did it by hand. I loved it but did notice it rubbed off onto my white t-shirt under the arms not noticable though. get a trial see what you think

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I've had a couple of fake bake ones and a couple of st tropez ones. The latter suits me better but I think it depends on your skin tone. I'm going to stay away from a fake tan for my big day however, my photographer says the tone looks fake in photos so I'd rather not risk it.

• Beckyv83
    Beginner September 2010
    Beckyv83 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Ive never had one before but loads of my friends have. The firsttime my friend had one she was fine on her wedding day. They she had it when she was a bridesmaid and she was orange! I mean really orange!

However others had it that day and came out okay. I am not a big fan of them to be honest as they seem unpredictable. Sorry

• L
    Beginner
    LooseLadie ·
    • Hide content

I had a st tropez one years ago and i must say that it was very good!!

Im sure i had it on the Thursday and it lasted quite well just fading until the monday because i went away for the weekend and it was Boiling!! So i was wearing skirts all weekend with my tanned pins! (they were pins back then, now they are more like turkey drummers!!)

I seen a picture of myself the other day and i cant believe how much weight i have put on!, I have gone from a size 8 to a size 16 in 3 & 1/2 years (H2bs fault!) We both joined weight watchers last night! I dragged him along for morral support and he loved it lol, it was like a social meeting for him! ?

• RubyCheeksandPeachyLips
    RubyCheeksandPeachyLips ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

Im a trained Fake Bake Spray Tan Operator but also a bride2be and a girl with not the greatest skin. It really depends on your skin type do you tan easily anyway? Fake Bake works by making you as dark as you would go naturally. If you dont tan well (like me - i dont) then i wouldnt suggest it. It just doesn't sit well on me. If you naturally tan well then absolutely go for it. Its a really great tanning product. But like you said go for a trial, then you'll definately know. The biggest tip i can give you is wash wash wash your armpits!!!!! If you don't was the deodrant off correctly you will go green < strange but true!!! Also remember that you need to shower the next morning. So if when they have sprayed you it looks streaky or uneven don't worry it will look great when you have showered the excess off.

I hope i have helped

Katie - Ruby Cheeks & Peachy Lips

• M
    Beginner July 2010
    meggles24 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for that ruby,

If getting the tan done in the morning, how long should the guide be left on for to develop before washing off?

M x

• A
    Beginner December 2010
    anglefish ·
    • Hide content

Hey

i had one done on wednesday for my brothers wedding tommorw i had the new calafornia spry tan and all i can say is AMAZING im so happy with it glad i had it done a few days before now im def having one for our wedding in dec i say have a trial and see xx

• Hide content

You would need to leave it for a minimum of 7 hours. So youd shower just before bed probably. It would be better to get it done in the afternoon however and go to bed with it on as you are advised not to do too much while it is intensifying. Then take a shower in the morning. And plus the chances are your notgoing to want anyone to see you in that 7 hours ? You can look a bit david dickinson. But it really is a great tan i would higly recommend it.

Katie - Ruby Cheek & Peachy Lips

• M
    Beginner July 2010
    meggles24 ·
    • Hide content

Cool-

Ive booked a trial for tomorrow at 10am.. not doing anything all day until bbq at 7pm so hopefully wash it off just before i leave and theyll just had to laugh at my orangey-ness!

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

I had fake bake last year from BIL2B's wedding. It was nice, but it was pretty dark. I wouldn't want it personally 'cos it looked good but it was obv it wasn't "me" cos I'm normally so pale iyswim.

I find St Tropez better 'cos they have the different levels.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I had a St Tropez and had an allergic reaction, came out all over in huge itchy lumps☹️

Beginner September 2010
    33charlie ·
    • Hide content

Im having a spray tan done in july to see if it looks natural coz i dont want to look like ive been tangoed i woz told it lasts 4 days so i will probably have it done on thursday as getting married on saturday , little worried it will mark my dress though but lady says it wont

• M
    Beginner July 2010
    meggles24 ·
    • Hide content

Just a quick update if anyone is interested-

Had my trial on saturday morning ( big mistake as i looked like an oompa loompa with the guide tan making me look orange , should have had it in the evening!)

But after waiting the 8 hours to wash it off it loks amazing!!

REALLY pleased and deffinately gonna book it for my big day!\

Whoop! x

• Hide content

Really happy it went well except for that day obvsiouly. Good Luck with it all.

Katie

Ruby Cheeks and Peachy Lips

• L
    Beginner
    LooseLadie ·
    • Hide content

So how has it lasted? How many days before the big day are you going to book it in for?

Oh and what skin type are you? Pale, med etc! Sorry for all the questions Smiley smile

Glad it worked well Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner July 2010
    meggles24 ·
    • Hide content

Lol

I have fairly pale skin( quite translucent) but tan okish...

I had it done on sat morning and it still looks fab- reckon it will last to the end of the week- and do be honest i havent done much to look after it- only moisturised once properlybut taken a little care not to rub too hard when washing.

I am getting married on the Friday but have registry office official bit on the Thursday which im also wearing a purple coast dress to. Going to get it done Wed night then sleep in the guide tan until it develops then wash it off thurs morning. It deff looks best on day 2 but it look spretty much perfect as soon as you wash off the guide tan.

Oh also another thing- even if the guide tan looks a little streaky or sits darker in places ( such as neck creases) it washes of fine!!

M x

• L
    Beginner
    LooseLadie ·
    • Hide content

Thanks meggles i think i will give it a go Smiley smile x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics