Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner May 2019

Anyone had a wedding dress that wasn't white/ivory?

HappyBlueDecor849, 10 of July of 2017 at 16:17 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi!

Currently just browsing online for ideas of dresses. I've seen a beautiful mink coloured lace dress with open back - in my opinion it's stunning. Has anyone else gone for a non-traditional dress? Or have opinions on it? X

4 replies

Latest activity by SunnyBlueDecor836, 20 of July of 2017 at 14:02
  • H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

My dress is champagne with ivory lace over the top, I just love the contrast and the warmer tone suits my colouring much better. Plus it fits my theme, so I'm happy with it.

If you like it, who cares what's "traditional"? The whole white dress thing only started because everyone wanted to copy queen victoria anyway. Your "wedding dress" used to be the best dress you owned already. Someone saw a market for "wedding dresses" and started selling us a dream of feeling like royalty on our special day, thus the wedding industry was born. Save the legal bit, everything else is as optional as you want.

Pick a dress that makes you feel special x

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

Mine is red ❤️

• G
    Beginner April 2018
    GeorgieBea89 ·
    • Hide content

A mink colour sounds lovely! Blush / nude colours are pretty fashionable right now. I say wear whatever you want! A friend of mine wore a deep red dress for her wedding and she looked A-MAZING, and I know someone else who even wore pale blue. You don't have to go with the norm or go down the traditional route. Yes there will always be someone who doesn't like it but do you really care?! It's your wedding, do what makes you happy! i think the lace and open back sounds gorgeous - go for it Smiley smile

• Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

I'd intended to go for something really bright and funky - like gold or purple,but ended up getting a bright white one. Mine did come in a white with coffee underlay which made the lace stand out, but I decided to go for the white.

As others have said it's your dress, so don't feel you have to follow tradition if you don't want to!

• S
    Beginner August 2018
    SunnyBlueDecor836 ·
    • Hide content

If it's 'the' dress for you, then you wear it. It's your day and your dress.

I've been to a wedding where the bride wore a purple wedding dress, she looked amazing. I've also been a bridesmaid in a crop top and flares and despite how that sounds it looked lovely.

So long as you're happy and comfortable with it that's all that matters, as I said it's your dress and day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics