Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Anyone had LED teeth whitening?

24 of July of 2013 at 15:44 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 14

I'm considering it... has anyone experienced it?

Does it hurt and is it worth the money and how do you know if you are seeing someone reputable?

14 replies

Latest activity by Dr., 18 of November of 2022 at 13:12
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Any tooth whitening procedure can hurt, especially if you have teeth that are sensitive to it, although I gather it's difficult to judge beforehand whether you are likely to have problems. I don't have very sensitive teeth but couldn't stick the procedure I went for - at home bleaching via hydrogen peroxide and moulds - without being brought to my knees! But this surprised my dentist, because he said he can whack loads of the stuff on without a bother.

The basic process is the same for all techniques - apply a bleaching solution than activate it via some kind of light source. The more gentle the light source, the less soreness and tissue damage there is to the surrounding gums and lips. But your teeth are undergoing the same process, regardless of whichever method you use.

As for ensuring you see someone reputable, there is a simple answer: only ever have your teeth whitened by a dentist, one with experience in the procedure they offer. I would never consider having this done on the high street, by a beauty therapist (regardless of how well-qualified they claim to be). There is so much controversy about the safety of the solutions used on the high street (when you can actually find out what solutions they use - many refuse to divulge as it is 'proprietary'). I'm sure it's mostly uncomplicated for many people but the potential for damage is huge and my teeth are worth more than a few saved bucks.

• far2calm
    Beginner May 2012
    far2calm ·
    • Hide content

I don't really know a lot about it, but do know of someone who does it, and he is far from qualified in anything never mind teeth whitening... so I also would say only go to the dentist!

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

Both my H2B and i had laser teeth whitening done a few months ago - on a bit of a whim really. I wouldn't recommend it, our teeth didn't look that much different after, just brighter really, and although his teeth were fine I experienced the most exruciating pain I have ever gone through for about 12 hours afterwards. I was in tears, shooting pains all through my teeth and it was worse if i opened my mouth even a little. I have never experienced sensitivity in my teeth before either, so i guess it is just pot luck how it effects you. Luckily the pain went over night.

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I would never let anyone touch my teeth other than my dentist. He knows them rather well and knows if they would be suitable for whitening. It's more expensive at a dentist but I just don't think it is worth the risk at all.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

We had it done just before the wedding. I had to give up, not even halfway through because of the pain. It continued for hours afterwards (12 maybe) to the point that taking painkillers was excruciatingly sore, even when swallowed with lukewarm water rather than cold. I couldn't talk, eat, or really open my mouth at all. For a long time afterwards my teeth felt more sensitive than ever before, I wouldn't recommend it at all.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

FF Trying using Arm and Hammer Advance White Toothpaste I have been using it and a few friends at my stag asked if I had my teeth whitened and looking back at my pics they do look pretty white. (Pics in my HOF stag report)

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

I had the LA Smile tooth whitening done for my wedding & it was a great job.

Whilst I don't have sensitive teeth I have really sensitive gums but I had no problems at all - infact I am getting it re-done next week (2 years later).

I drink a lot of green tea so whilst they are still relatively white I prefer them whiter.

Have you tried crest whitening strips? I use these to top up. they are great & really effective - I use them at night before bed:

http://www.whitestrips4u.co.uk/

• S
    SunnyYellowHair88479 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very true. My dentist has been nothing but amazing and skilled, so my teeth whitening & veneer process was smooth.

• Charlene
    Beginner April 2023 New York
    Charlene ·
    • Hide content

One of the best teeth whitening products that give you white and healthy teeth.

• C
    Illinois
    Charley ·
    • Hide content

I suggest visiting the dentist for LED teeth whitening or other dental services. Lawn Dental Center is the best place to visit. Moreover, they are the best kids dentist near you . Please visit once for excellent advice and guidance.

• N
    Beginner December 2023 New York
    New ·
    • Hide content

Researchers found that laser, halogen, and LED light-activation produced increased lightening of tooth shade and maintained the lighter shade longer than non-light-activated teeth whitening in a study published in the Journal of Conservative Dentistry. You may visit to emergency dentist in Brooklyn for more information on it.

• B
    Beginner December 2023 Maryland
    Brentwood ·
    • Hide content

There are different whitening agents: bleach-based solutions and non-bleach products. You can purchase LED whitening systems at the store or dentist's office. Dentist in Brentwood can provide all kinds of services with the best treatment.

• M
    Texas
    Maisa ·
    • Hide content

On average, LED teeth whitening performed by dentist near you can lighten your smile 7-8 shades during a single whitening session. LED light speeds up the chemical reaction between the whitening agent and the compounds responsible for the stain. Overall, the addition of LED lights to whitening procedures has improved the effectiveness of whitening agents, allowing for brighter and whiter smiles.

• Center
    Beginner January 2023 Maryland
    Center ·
    • Hide content

The teeth whitening dentist can guide more for the LED process in whitening the teeth.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics