Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kaz_76
Beginner September 2003

Anyone had Level 5 seats in Wembley?

Kaz_76, 14 July, 2009 at 22:50 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 5

Looking at U2 tickets on level 5, East stand as only ones available from ticketmaster but not having been there, am wondering are these even worth having? I'm thinking it's a no-brainer, perhaps? I did see them at MEN years ago in a similar seat: upper tier, right at the back but have no idea how Wembley compares in size and I'm imagining it's loads bigger. I was going to get my H a standing ticket and let him go as we can't afford to both get standing tickets (around £75 each on eb@y) but have seen these seats at £30 so I guess it gives us two options.

WWYD? I really want my H to go. I do love U2 and have seen them 4 times now, he's seen them more and is a bigger fan.

5 replies

Latest activity by Kaz_76, 15 July, 2009 at 13:11
  • K
    KJB ·
    • Hide content

I don't know if this will work, but I think the photo below is from Level 5 at Wembley. It was taken by Clair_de_Lune so she may be able to confirm. This was from Take Take a couple of weeks ago. The main stage is to the right. She's got more photos, and can probably tell you what she thought of the seats if you shout for her. With TT they did a couple of sections on the B stage to the centre which really helps keep everyone happy with the larger venues. I've no idea which stand this was in, or if she's used any sort of zoom with the photo.

• Maxi
    Beginner February 2008
    Maxi ·
    • Hide content

I've no idea about Wembley, sorry.

But if the seats are going for £30 they'll be restricted view I would imagine. I'd still go for it though if I was a big fan - if you've seen them before (presumably in better seats) then you've had your 'big U2 concert; and you're only there again for the atmosphere and the music.

TBH, might fare better with the seats rather than standing. I was standing at TT and saw nowt but the big screen. A friend of mine was in restricted view seats at the same concert - she barely had a view of the stage and couldn't see the big screen but i'm sure we enjoyed it just the same.

The only thing I would be worried about is the sound quality. I remember some hitchers before posting about the poor quality of the sound at a Stevie Wonder concert when they were a high level up. I can't remember if that was Wembley or the O2 arena though?

So, 1 ticket at £75 for your H (which could be restricted view only anyway) or £60 for you both. I'd go for the seats ?

• K
    KJB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that was the O2 and it was Hazel who complained about it (and got moved closer to the stage IIRC)

I was standing for TT - hence why CdL took the photo so I could see where I was stood - after we'd done the whole waving madly at each other while on our mobiles to try to see where each of us were. I was right down the front - not too far from the big red balloon so consequently saw loads when they were on the main stage - but struggled a bit when they were on the B stage. However I can imagine it being very easy to see nothing at all

• Kaz_76
    Beginner September 2003
    Kaz_76 ·
    • Hide content

Oh good god, that is soooo far away! ?

Thank you so much for the replies and the photo. The last tour, we went to Manchester both nights and had standing tickets and got in to the enclosure both nights Smiley smile First night, made the mistake of standing right close to the stage but by the second, realised that by the platform was a much better view. I took some photos on my phone and I could almost touch them, they were so close. I don't think you can beat the atmosphere of standing and I just get the sense that up in the gods like that, or in any seats in fact, it might feel like we aren't really in the gig but looking on if that makes sense.

Really can't justify the cost of us both going. We were also lucky enough to see them in Brisbane at the end of the Vertigo tour so I guess I couldn't top that.

Right, think I will be sending my H on his tod!

?

• Zooropa
    Super October 2007
    Zooropa ·
    • Hide content

The view won't be quite the same as tt - don't forget the claw isn't right at the end of the pitch so that they can sell more tickets fans can have a 360 view. It's also 164 ft tall http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U2_360%C2%B0_Tour

• Kaz_76
    Beginner September 2003
    Kaz_76 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Zooropa, I will hazard a guess that you might be going to this tour? ?

I hadn't realised that about the stage, which is pretty dumb as there's a clue in the tour title!

I'm rubbish at decisions. I guess I've been optimistic about getting in to the inner bit but that's probably pretty unlikely so could end up really far away even with standing ticketes. Hmm, maybe I'll get seats and go too then...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics