Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner July 2016

Anyone had mushy wedding brain?

HeavyMetalMaiden, 24 of June of 2014 at 12:38 Posted on Planning 0 8

I guess similar to baby brain but here are my recent wedding related 'DUHs'...

In work I have to sign and date millions lots of documents and money bags on a daily basis.... Muppet here has been putting the year 2016 on them, because that is the year we are getting married! I see something being advertised for 2014 on the tv, and I think 'ha, they screwed that up'! No they didn't.

Anyone have this happen to them? Called a caterer instead of your mum? Hahahaha!

8 replies

Latest activity by Mrs.K2b, 25 of June of 2014 at 22:18
  • S
    Beginner June 2014
    Samy959 ·
    • Hide content

I had an email from the Wedding Co-ordinator last night asking her what time I'm likely to be checking in (venue is a hotel where I am staying the night before). I replied I'll be there around quarter to 4ish on Friday. She replied 'I'm guessing you mean Thursday as you will have missed your own a Wedding". The wedding is 2pm on Friday!!!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Last night I counted up our headcount for booking a meal after the ceremony and then said "sheesh, have we invited 18 people?!" H2B looked at me and said "no, we've invited 16...the other two are us." Doh.

• MrsGreen-27/9/14
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsGreen-27/9/14 ·
    • Hide content

I've done the classic of counting up numbers & forgot to include ourselves!!! I also walked into a wedding supplies shop & just said to the assistant 'I'm getting married in September & need...... umm...... some things........' Completely forgot why I went in there!!!!!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

A week before the wedding I put a massive scoop of dried dog food into the washing machine tray when putting a wash on.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I work booking groups in for visits and theatre trips, and thankfully I know the group leader forgetting to include themselves is a common mistake!

• M
    Beginner April 2015
    Mrs-S-to-be ·
    • Hide content

I went through a stage of dating everything at work 4th April 2015. Got some pretty funny looks!

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

So far so good: I sent the wrong pairs of shoes to my bridesmaids, but that was just because I'd wrapped them and then put the labels on at a later date.

• M
    Beginner April 2015
    Mrs-S-to-be ·
    • Hide content

Update: Just looked at my guest list and thought 'Who is Mark?' (haven't put surnames on but I will now). Convinced myself we had no idea who Mark is, and we don't know a Mark. OH's dad is called Mark so thought maybe he'd slipped into the 'friend' list.

Mark is one of OH's best friends and they've been friends for about 15 years. We talk to/about Mark everyday.

I've lost it.

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

The other morning I was driving to work and whilst singing along to one of our wedding songs on the radio and thinking about the band we were about to book for the reception I got onto the motorway going in the wrong direction - southbound when I should be going north! Got to the bottom of the slip road before I realised!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics