Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner April 2015

Anyone had or wearing a fishtail dress?

AprilBride15, 14 of February of 2015 at 18:33 Posted on Planning 0 6

If you had or plan to wear a fishtail dress - did you have to take the entire dress off to visit the ladies?

I only ask, as I have put the dress on twice, and even though it hasn't been altered yet there is no way I could visit the ladies without taking the dress off.

I need to know if I need to line up help! As I can't get the dress on and off on my own ?

6 replies

Latest activity by HelenSomerset, 15 of February of 2015 at 19:11
  • S
    Beginner December 2016
    sarah121 ·
    • Hide content

Mine is, I hadn't even thought of toilet trips till last week when my MOH brought it up. She had a similar shape and she managed all day on her own, she said she went in forwards held the front of the dress up..... I'm curious if it works! Lol xxx

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    McHelenz ·
    • Hide content

Im not but i have been told to go to the loo you have to sit forwards as opposed to backwards! haha.

• A
    Beginner April 2015
    AprilBride15 ·
    • Hide content

Front ways? Umm ok. Could try that. Just don't want to have to take the dress off! So it far it's taken 30 minutes aprox to put on!

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Won't it pull up around your hips? As far as I'm aware brides who wear them don't have to take them off to go to the loo!

• S
    Beginner May 2015
    sarah.jones ·
    • Hide content

Mine is a fishtail. I practised sitting down in it whilst in the shop. I got in & out of it over my head so I know hitching it up to go to the loo will be do-able, bit worried about the amount of material tho!!

• A
    Beginner April 2015
    AprilBride15 ·
    • Hide content

When it's done up, no it doesn't pull up over my hips easily - it also has a lot of material as well as being very fitted on the hip and upper leg.

It has the real mermaid shape to it.

I really didn't think about this when I bought it - as the sample was 2 sizes too small so just figured that was why I was struggling!

Yes did the bend down and sit down test that's fine.

Fitting next week, so may have a chat with the seamstress.

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

I had a fishtail / mermaid dress. As has already been said, it was fitted so there was enough give in it so I could sit down. I had no problems going to the toilet and mine had a long train. Just had to go frontways on and use either a disabled toilet or bathroom in a hotel room for mor space.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics