Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Anyone had their engagement ring re-dipped?

11 June, 2011 at 08:11 Posted on Planning 0 10

... and if so, where do you take it to get done and how long does it take? I tried on my wedding ring the other day with my engagement ring (just to make sure it still fits!) and my engagement ring looks yellow next to it (its white gold)!

10 replies

Latest activity by Little Rhi, 11 June, 2011 at 21:25
  • Z
    Beginner
    zebra_cake ·
    • Hide content

Yes i have , think ive done it twice, i took it to my local jewlery shop and it only took a few hours think it was only £20 maybe even less

• L
    Beginner September 2012
    Little Rhi ·
    • Hide content

The jewllers that I had a look in for a wedding ring said that they recommend having your engagement ring cleaned etc before the day especially white gold (as you said it looks yellow against a new ring). they could do that for me, cant remember how much it is but it wasnt a problem for them.

I have had one of my other white gold rings done before as well at a jewellers in milton keynes shopping centre and they did a brilliant job, it looked brand new. I had it back in a week i think, can't remember exactly.

xx

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I have mine done around every 5 years or so. I take mine to Goldsmiths and it costs £30 for it to be cleaned and re-plated. They normally send mine away. In between time, I have some gold and diamond cleaner of theirs which I use and leave it overnight in that and it comes up lovely but the re-plating brings the white gold look back.

• L
    Beginner September 2012
    Little Rhi ·
    • Hide content

? well if you ever go I was in the jewllers that is opposite Next and Jonh Lewis, (cant remember the name!!) They seemed very helpful in there, i think we will definetly go back in there when we get the time to have a proper look (i was with my mum before).

where abouts are you getting married?? - being nosy, hope you dont mind. ?

xx

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Toni try to wait until the week before instead of a month because in the space of a month it will scratch so for both rings to look brand new leave replating as long as possible.

I didn't wear my ER for a few days beforehand as I wanted it to look as good as possible so I wore a dress ring instead so I didn't feel like I had lost it.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Im having mine re dipped the week before and then not wearing it untill the wedding so its sparkly. That way the ER and WR can "dull" together.

• kirstycat
    Beginner April 2011
    kirstycat ·
    • Hide content

I had mine done a couple of weeks before the wedding. I took it back to the shop where we bought both my ER and our WRs - because of that they did it for free but I think it should have cost about £30. They sent mine away and it took about a week - it did seem weird not having my ER for that long but it was well worth it. It looked like new when it came back and looked perfect next to my WR. They can age together now and I'll get them re-done every now and again.

• L
    Beginner September 2012
    Little Rhi ·
    • Hide content

Aww sounds fantastic, ? congratulations. Fawsley Hall, keeping small, family and close friends for the day with a few extra people in the evening.

Hope your pleased with your ring when you get it sorted. All the best with your planning and your big day. ?

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics