Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jemima Renrut
Beginner October 2013

Anyone had their make up done at MAC?

Jemima Renrut, 4 of August of 2013 at 22:44 Posted on Planning 0 10

I'm doing my own make up on my wedding day, and have talked about with a few people and googled and priced it up and MAC seems to be the winner, just wondered if anyone on here could recommend or criticise? Also do I just walk into Debenhams, or do I book a £50 bridal session at the MAC shop and then get that back on the products?

Thanks!

10 replies

Latest activity by Erin8, 10 of August of 2013 at 00:05
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Our daughter uses MAC make up all the time but was a bit disappointed with her bridal trial run. The end result wasn't much different to her everyday look and she found that after a couple of hours, the make up started to fade a bit. She had quite a few trials with different brands and wanted a glamourous look rather than au naturale/girl next door. Even though she particularly asked for a glamourous look at the trials, most she went to ended up doing their own thing which was very much the natural look.

In the end, she went with Illuminesque from Selfridges in Manchester who did exactly what she asked and it stayed put all day and night without any problems. The make up artist travelled from Manchester to Holmfirth in West Yorkshire and charged £80 (that was 2 yrs ago). This was just for our daughter as she didn't have any bridesmaids and both me and Groom's Mum preferred to do our own.

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

I am doing my own and using a mixture of Dior and Mac. My mum had a make up lesson at Mac in meadowhall and they were very good at listening to what she wanted. I personally find the Mac foundation too thick but I am exceptionally pale and have very difficult skin.

• Jaysmonkey
    Beginner August 2014
    Jaysmonkey ·
    • Hide content

All I can say yay! ?

MAC are Cruelty Free so are amazing in my book! so no animals will suffer and you'll look absolutely gorgeous! Double win ❤️

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

My friend had a MAC bridal trial and was really disappointed; she ended up buying some of the products and doing it herself in the end. The lady in the shop didn't listen to her or us at all when we were explaining the look she wanted. However as said she did use some of their products which were lovely on the day when she did it herself.

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content

I used to use mac... Then I found bobbi brown!! Converted forever!

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

My friend just walked in and mentioned she was looking for wedding make up and because the shop was pretty empty the lady had time to do a full trial on her anyway with no commitment charge. On a busy day you wouldn't be able to do that, they'd ask you to book a trial. Notably a lot of the professional make up artists I've seen use mac, and generally I find mac excellent.

• Jemima Renrut
    Beginner October 2013
    Jemima Renrut ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone. I dont usually wear make up so think I'll be wanting the natural look, thinkvi need to do more research though!

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

I had my makeup done by MAC after being let down by my MUA last minute. I loved it, stayed put all day and was essentially free as I got back the cost against products. I guess you will get good and bad MUA's that will either listen to what you want or not, but IMO the products are great and I still use them 3 years on.

• D
    Beginner October 2014
    dollydimple88 ·
    • Hide content

I haven't had a bridal trial but I have had a makeup lesson which I got as a Christmas present then I could use the cost of the lesson again the products..and then some. I love MAC!!

• MrsWill2b
    Beginner March 2013
    MrsWill2b ·
    • Hide content

I had my bridal make up done at the Mac counter on my wedding day. I had booked it about a month before. Went down there at 10.30, gave me the works including eyelashes and I left there with £35 pounds worth of make up (well deduct £10 for the lashes). I had not even had a make up trial and was really pleased with the effect. It lasted all day and got massiave compliments especially about my lashes lol! I don't regret and would definitely do it again for any occasion.

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A friend of mine got her make up from Bobbi Brown and was very happy with it

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics