Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I-go-by-many-names
Super April 2015

Anyone had/seen gold wedding dress?

I-go-by-many-names, 30 of June of 2014 at 18:27 Posted on Planning 0 15

The more I look at dresses the more I want a different colour other than the standard ivory/white. Problem is I'm not really sure where to start. I really like this:

http://www.bridalwave.tv/2008/12/gold_fanal_wedd.html

...but it's not quite right somehow, should I therefore go bespoke? Or try to find 'normal' bridal gowns that come in gold (I've already had a quick look and it is proving difficult).

Any knowledge shared appreciated :-)

15 replies

Latest activity by HeavyMetalMaiden, 1 of July of 2014 at 18:14
  • pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Mine is light gold with ivory tulle over Smiley smile Gold and light gold is quite popular atm. Mine's Maggie Sottero Janelle. Maggie does quite a lot in gold and light gold and some very creamy creams too. Will look a bit like this:

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=4MS997&page=0&pageSize=36&keywordText=&keywordType=All4

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

I had a champagne/gold dress for my first wedding, it was Essence of Australia I think. Not much help sorry!

• icklesal
    Beginner April 2015
    icklesal ·
    • Hide content

Enzoani do a stunning gold dress called 'Olivia'. I have tried it on and it's huge, very big skirt but it is beautiful. This isn't a very clear pic but you get the idea....

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Try the cruise wear and prom dresses collections.

• EdenNI
    Beginner December 2014
    EdenNI ·
    • Hide content

I love this Gibson Bespoke dress... https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/165121478/bacall-rose-gold-paillettes-old?ref=listing-2

it comes in rose gold or champagne...

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

Im going to be havine a champagne/light gold coloured dress too, but im going down the bespoke route...

• C
    Beginner May 2015
    Christy777 ·
    • Hide content

It will be hard to find something already in gold. Just tru to find some bridal wear boutique who offers custom made dresses.

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can I ask how you knew where to go and how much you've been quoted? I'm thinking bespoke might be the best option for me but not sure if we can afford it.

• B
    Beginner July 2014
    blueypye ·
    • Hide content

The very first dress I ever tried on was gold - it was so amazing! It's this one: https://www.ronaldjoyce.com/collections/ronald-joyce/67006 - I think that it was on sale for abour £1600 at the Wedding Warehouse in Ascot. It made me feel like a movie star. They do it in White and Ivory, but the Gold was so much more WOW!

• Decorated_Doll
    Beginner July 2016
    Decorated_Doll ·
    • Hide content

Emily James, near Manchester, has the most gorgeous gold dress. I tried it on and if it had actually fitted I would have had to snap it up! She can make you a special dress, custom-made for you as well Smiley smile

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

Go and try on something, anything, in that colour - all decent wedding dress shops should have non-white, non-ivory gowns as sample. Even if the style is not yours, get as much fabric against your skin as possible.

The reason I say is because not all skin tones go with the colour you think you want. When I got married first time round, I had my heart set on a particular mother of pearly type pink that was available at the time. When I put it on, it made my skin look jaundiced and I ended up in the one colour I vowed not to have - pure white!

This time round, my skin has obviously changed in tone, because I am wearing an amazing oyster colour - again, that I never thought I would go for, but it looks so much better on me than ivory!

Once you know the colour suits, then you can dive head first into finding amazing styles, but do check the colour against your skin first.....just in case!!!

• charliejack
    Beginner October 2014
    charliejack ·
    • Hide content

They are both lovely dresses, i quite liked the idea of gold when i first looked, but it didnt suit. i went for an ivory dress which i think looks lovely. I couldnt find many golds tho so yes your best bet is bespoke xx

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh, I will have to look this up, I'm about an hour away from Manchester.

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Naively, I hadn't thought of this. Thanks for the advice!

• Elderberry Brides
    Elderberry Brides ·
    • Hide content

The Benjamin Roberts 930 in gold was an absolute classic... sadly discontinued a few months ago.

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I haven't had the quote yet, but the Couture Company starts at £800. Compared to the first I dress I fell in love with being £2500, it is a bit of a steal! I have heard from many people that custom dresses tend to be cheaper than off the rack top designer ones. Depends on your budget though, mine should be enough to get one custom made (plus mum is helping a little bit)!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics