Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ClaireMcToBe
Beginner September 2012

Anyone have a shaped ER but a "normal" shaped wedding band?

ClaireMcToBe, 8 December, 2011 at 22:58 Posted on Planning 0 9

Just wondering! My engagement ring has a little twist on it:

and my wedding ring is straight edged:

I keep seeing posts from ladies who have shaped engagement rings and everyone seems to be having wedding rings made to fit the shape, and now I'm wondering if I've made a mistake! I do love my wedding ring, very much, so I wouldn't change it, but do you think it will look ok to wear them together? When I tried them together in the shop the shop lady said it looked fine, but who knows if she was just telling me what I wanted to hear to make the sale?!

9 replies

Latest activity by Randomsabreur, 9 December, 2011 at 21:09
    Beginner
    28/07/12bride ·
    • Hide content

My ER doesnt have a twist but the setting is bigger so have been told my WR could do with being shaped.

However, I went to the jewellers yesterday and the guy in their said it doesn't necessarily need to be shaped and got me to try on a normal band.

It looked perfectly fine, but for me I know it would annoy me that it doesnt sit quite right (just my OCD coming out lol) so will def be having it shaped.

Also, he did make a good point that lots of people will only wear their WR so if it was really shaped would look odd.

HTH x

• crafty em
    Beginner June 2008
    crafty em ·
    • Hide content

Very similar to mine, and i love the way my two rings look together Smiley smile but then i guess i'm biased. Not keen on shaped wedding bands tbh x

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

Me!

I dont have a pic but it is kind of like this but a bit bigger (diamond slightly bigger and thicker band)

and I have a normal shaped wedding ring, it has diamonds in it too and I wear them together and think they look great, I think its a taste thing most of my friends with shaped ERs got shaped WRs but Im another one who really dislikes shaped WRs and although my rings dont sit together I love them!

• K
    Beginner July 2005
    KayJBee ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea how to get pictures on to here but my e-ring is very similar to this one (possibly this actual one)

https://www.hkjewellery.co.uk/details/web/type/rings/id/3393

I did have a plain wedding band made to fit around the heart shape, however I now have an eternity ring which is the same as your wedding band and is straight. I thought I was going to wear the eternity ring on the other hand as it would look silly having the straight band next to a curved one. However it looks fine, I can't imagine them all not being together now. Yours will look lovely together and very sparkly !

• beady
    Beginner September 2012
    beady ·
    • Hide content

My ER has a slight twist but I didn't want a shaped WR so I've gone for a really thin band it has diamonds going half way round, I think it looks lovely, I think if you've tried them on together and you like the way it looks that's all that matters.

• R
    Beginner June 2012
    Randomsabreur ·
    • Hide content

I have and E ring a lot like Naboos pic (but the diamond sits a little higher).

I've chosen this

as a good compromise as I didn't like most shaped rings on their own, but also had an issue with the gappage going on.

Also considered

but decided that the bands forming the crossover weren't the right width for my ER and the shaping wasn't perfect.

• J
    Beginner April 2012
    Jules'n'Mark ·
    • Hide content

Whatever feels right and looks right to you! Its you whos wearing them. No right or wrong answer here, its an individuals choice! My opinion is that both your rings are gorgeous! x

• Feather
    Beginner December 2012
    Feather ·
    • Hide content

Randomsabreur - where is this ring from? Its lovely...

I have twisted ER too, and I want a shaped WR but cant find anything I like

• ClaireMcToBe
    Beginner September 2012
    ClaireMcToBe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I considered something similar but when I tried it on it just didn't feel like "my" ring!

Thanks for the replies ladies, and the flashes are very helpful! I'm glad other people have gaps, makes me feel better about my own ?

Jules'n'Mark, thanks for the compliment!

• R
    Beginner June 2012
    Randomsabreur ·
    • Hide content

H Samuel of all places - both were from there! Was very surprised and impressed!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics