Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

overtherainbow

Anyone having a medieval handfasting ceremony?

overtherainbow, 27 May, 2010 at 14:57 Posted on Planning 0 3

I'm doing a medieval handfasting wedding next and have just been reading up on the traditions etc. Really interesting reading. Is anyone having one on here? If so, what flowers did you have out of interest? My customer is having sunflowers, cornflowers, bluebells, scabiosa, blackberries and poppies with loads of trailing ivy.

3 replies

Latest activity by Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon, 28 January, 2013 at 16:56
  • S
    Beginner June 2013
    SherilynnParfitt ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Im looking at getting Married on 31/11/13 and doing a traditional handfasting crossed with a medival/Pagen wedding but am only at the planning stages so any help would be much appreciated.

Sherilynn x

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Hi - This is quite an old post and the couple concerned were married 3 years ago so I don't really know if anything has changed regarding handfasting ceremonies since then I'm afraid. I do know they arrived on the shire horses with lots of hay around Smiley smile These are the photos that the couple sent me if that helps:-

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I photographed a pagan handfasting ceremony a few years ago and it was treated very seriously and most certainly was not a fancy dress event.
    The civil wedding was first with everything as you would expect and with a wedding breakfast afterwards and a green colour scheame. That then brought us to late afternoon and a setting sun, outside under the trees the guests held hands and formed an unbroken giant ring. The bride and groom were then brought to he ring along a candle lit path accompanied with music provided by drums and flute. The actual ceremony was taken very seriously and I was requested not to take any photos, although some from a long distance were allowed, afterwards some of the key moments were recreated for some photos. It was a beautiful event and I very much look forward to my next one.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics