Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2016

Anyone having a "sten" or "hag" do?

mkw, 17 of June of 2015 at 11:40 Posted on Planning 0 3

Quite a few of my closest friends are male and I had originally been thinking of having a separate "stag" do to celebrate with them (pretty much just a trip to the pub but a good excuse to see them all and get everyone together). However, when making a guest list for my hen do, I realised that there are actually only seven guys and I am now thinking about just inviting them along to the hen do. I've already told my bridesmaids that I don't want a girly spa weekend or anything, so any activities are likely to be boy friendly, but I'm more worried whether some of the girls would be uncomfortable having guys along, particularly if there is an overnight element. Also, none of the guys really know the girls at all, so I'm worried it would just end up being a bit "school disco" with the girls hanging together and the guys together.

What do you guys think? Do you think I should have a "hag" or "sten" do, or should I stick with my original plan of keeping my hen-do girls only, and a separate trip to the pub with the boys?

3 replies

Latest activity by Karen84, 17 of June of 2015 at 13:20
  • miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

We planned a low key shag do as i only know 2 girls who i'd even think of calling myself friends with- all my other friends are men.

but ours went tits up when i was given the wrong drink within 5 mins of arriving and had an allergic reaction so i can't really comment.

being more boy than girl, i don't know how the other girls in your group would react- do you think they'd really be uncomfortable about it? is it worth broaching it with them?

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Why not talk to both groups and ask them how they would feel?

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    S&K2015 ·
    • Hide content

We are! Our StHen do is coming up very soon!

We have a lot of friends who are couples and it seemed daft to split them up, and we as a couple still like to go out together so we decided why not. Were going to a nice bar for drinks, but were close enough to go into town if anyone fancies going on afterwards. We've not had it yet, so cant say how it will go, but we are really looking forward to it Smiley smile

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

For me, the issue isn't just mixing the sexes, it's having 2 totally different groups of friends. I would probably just have two separate dos.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics